"Get away from my Selene and I won't snap your brother's neck." Luna said quietly.

Selene heard whimpering and rushed to free the werecub from Luna's grasp. Selene only realized it was Larry’s brother when she pushed them apart.  She watched in shock as Larry rushed to catch him.

"You kept this... you knew I was... and.. how could you!" Selene yelled jumping off the cliff.

Luna called Selene to come back but Selene wasn't listening. She landed then ran as fast as she could.

Laurent and Larry watched Luna as she stared after Selene then glared down at the brothers.

“Why were you hunting my Selene?” Luna asked menacingly.
“I wasn't, she ran away before I could ask why she smelled like my brother.” Larry replied. Luna narrowed her eyes at him.
“I will answer your questions. In return you will promise to leave her, us, in peace!” Luna demanded and Larry nodded.
“What do you know?” Laurent asked.
“Plenty. Was that it or did you have any more vague questions.” Luna looked back in the direction Selene went.
“What happen to my brother?” Both Larry and Laurent asked as she sat on the limb.
“He fell into Selene at the club. Her scratch infected him with a virus.” Luna looked down at Laurent.
“Selene infected me?” Laurent asked.
“Technically, you infected yourself. You fell on her, she didn't seek you out and attack you.” Luna said to Laurent.
“Like when you attacked me?” Larry asked.
“You ungrateful little... Your brother is still alive because of the gift I gave to you!” Luna yelled standing up.
“Gift?” Larry scoffed and his eyes finally turned back to normal.
“Do you think you got my DNA by accident?” Luna landed two inches in front of him. “Being near my DNA has a sort of nullifying effect on werebeasts." She walked around Laurent wiggling her nose like she was about to sneeze. "As long as he is careful his beasts traits are manageable and in time suppressed completely." She stepped in front of Larry again. "Without someone with my DNA nearby, turned werebeasts become uncontrollable. The transformation become impossible to recover from as the animal mind takes over. Most of them end up being killed by hunters, like yourself, because they can't shift back to human. Or other vampires like myself kill them simply because they can shift to an animal.” Luna started walking in the direction Selene ran.
“Who turned Selene?” Laurent asked.
“Selene is a direct descendant of the werebeast progenitor.” Luna sighed turning to face him.
“What?”
“She's a child of the original werebeasts. The smallest scratch from her makes humans like her. You'd have to maul or bite someone in your animal form to do that.” Luna crossed her arms impatiently.
“What werebeast is she?” Laurent asked.
“All of them, she's capable of becoming and making someone any of them; bear, dog, cat, rabbit, wolf almost any land mammal.” Luna answered.
“And my brother, what is he?” Larry asked.
“As long as you are in his life, no one will ever know. Come near my Selene again and you will never have to worry about finding out.” Luna said finally taking off to find Selene.

◇◇◇

Selene was heart broken. Ever since Luna first found her as a child she raised her to think that she would be responsible for the death of an innocent person if she wasn't careful. And Selene had been, every day of her life except that one. For years, Selene blamed herself for Larry’s brother's death. She could barely look at herself because of the guilt she felt. She always wore reinforced gloves now even in the house so she could never harm anyone again. Now faced with the truth, she felt worse.

Selene couldn't stop crying, now she  wished they had killed her, then she wouldn't have to feel like her heart was being ripped from her chest. She condemned someone to a life of watching his every movement, every second of every miserable day. She should be killed, that way she would no longer be a threat to others.

She finally stopped in a clearing and collapsed to catch her breath, then realized she wasn't out of breath from running. She couldn't catch her breath because she was still sobbing uncontrollably.

◇◇◇

Larry looked around finally seeing they were miles from town. He and his brother quickly made their way back to town and eventually their hotel. They had their answers the question. Larry was a hunter and Laurent was a werebeast. Somehow knowing didn't make them feel better but it was good to know they weren't the only ones of their kind.

◇◇◇

Selene in her a werecub form

Luna found Selene curled up sleeping by a mound of rocks on top of her clothes. She wrapped the snow leopard cub in her clothes, picked her up and cradled her in her arm; petting the soft fur on her head. Selene purred as Luna tucked her closer to her chest.

“I'm sorry, Selene. I didn't think you would understand. You are still so young but I should have told you the whole truth instead of a partial lie. I probably took the promise to your parents to protect you too seriously. I will try to do better from now on.” Luna sighed carrying her home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Well what did you think? Thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed it.  See you in the next book.
Hopefully it wasn't a confusing as the first.