BLT (part 1)

So first of all, BLT is not a sandwich ok, it's Basic Leadership Training and was pretty challenging (I mean what do you expect I'm a chubby 14 year old who can't even do a proper pushup). Basically the way I'll be writing this chapter is from my perspective and I will put the date before each new day.

Thursday Sept. 22nd

Yay, the day we leave for BLT, I'm soooooooo excited to eat prunes and wake up early and do PT (physical training) and get yelled at and ohhhh so much fun(sarcasm😒obviously). I mean I know it's not gonna be really easy no effort needed but I just think most average 14 year olds really wouldn't want to go to BLT, just saying. And I get it it's supposed to train us and challenge us but, as Master Sergeant said, this isn't a program designed to put you in any military, navy, coastguard, or airforce position when you leave highschool. So I just don't really see why it's necesary. Anyways so it's after lunch, and I already know I bombed my Geometry test from this morning because 1. I didn't have a calculator and couldn't do the math myself and 2. my teacher nor anyone else in my class had one I could borrow, so yay what a great way to start off the day. So right now we are all going to change in out khaki BLT uniform in the bathroom, all the boys in the ROTC program at my highschool in the same tiny bathroom. What fun 😐, and being trans, I seriously feel like everyone is secretly eyeing me. So, finally we all finish and we line up outside with our bags with clothes and toiletries and our garbage bags with out sleeping bags, pillows, and blankets. Meanwhile all the girls are still inside getting their hair put into buns while all us boys are outside waiting for the bus in the sun. Some of the Cadet Aids going to BLT with us Cadets keep asking us if we have any meds on us or if we have any electronics on us. Of course none of us do because we are BHS, the school with Master Sergeant and Commander who practically run BLT.

Anyways if you're wondering, BLT is not a freaking sandwich okay, BLT stands for Basic Leadership Training, when, for my school at least, we head over to West Port New York to Camp Natural Bridge to go through three and a half days of, you guessed it Basic Leadership Training. Today we depart from school and take the  bus ride to New York to go get yelled at and basically do 10x the normal amount of exercise we normally would (and eat prunes). And of course me being the absolute loser I am have no  close friends in ROTC and as usual have to sit all by my lonesome while all the jock guys talk about how easy it will be 😑 thanks for including me guys.

FINALLY the girls come out in their uniforms and with their hair done and bags ready and of course the damn Cadet Aids have to ask for meds/technology for the millionth time like jeez we get it Master Sergeant and Commander said it to us a gazillion times already and we all read the rules in the BLT packet.

Now we are just waiting for the buses to come to pick us up and bring us to BLT. When they arrive the Cadet Aids start calling out male names in last name alphabetical order to go put our gear on the bus and find a seat. Of course I'm on the first bus because my last name starts with an "F" (because I give no fucks😝 i apologize for the lameness of my jokes im the type of person that sees a trash can and says "hey guys its my twin" i have actually done that ask my nonexistent friends 😊 back to the story) so I grab my gear and bring it to the back of the bus. Meanwhile the damn emergency alarms on the bus are blaring because the Cadet Aids are to dumb to know how to turn them off 😑 really guys. Plus when I got to the back of the bus the Cadet Aids said my bag was heavy, like cmon I have no muscle and I can lift the damn thing easy be happy I didn't give you a hockey bag because I could've if I really wanted to.

I go on the bus and find an empty seat (because as I said im a loser and im sure non of the other guys in my grade want to sit with me) I take off my cover (hat) and sit. And yep about 5mins have passed and nobody has sat with me what a great start just like lunch. Finally a brave soul decides to sit with me, hmmm I don't know this guy and I'm pretty sure he's not a freshman, meh must be a sophomore that joined a year late or something.

Okay we have been on this damn bus for like 15mins now what the hell is taking so long can we leave already it's hot it here! Oh my freaking gosh they only just started to call the girls to get on a bus but, oh whats that, yeah there's no buses left. I mean there are plenty of empty seats on this bus just these Cadet Aids are too dumb to notice. Like really aren't you guys like Juniors and Seniors shouldn't you know what to do or at least know how to use your eyes!

Okay all the girls are sat and ready to go, now lets get out of here and go to BLT and hope that time will go faster. *Sigh* oh how I love hour long bus rides with no AC in high 70 low 80 degree weather 😊 my favorite part of the day.

"Okay for now you guys can keep your covers off but when we start nearing Camp Natural Bridge about 10-15mins away from it, you will put your covers on, look straight forward no matter what, and keep your mouths shut. Got it?" says a Cadet Aid.

"Yes" we all mumble.

The bus starts to leave and we head to Camp Natural bridge 😒obviously so excited.

Okay so first official chapter finally out, I know it took a while but I was distracted.

By what Kayden you have no friends and no life outside of hockey and school there's nothing you could be distracted by.

Hey stay out of this dude I already know all this ok high school is hard we have weekend homework now so yes I'm busy.

Busy playing video games and not doing your homework.

Okay I can't fight with that but can you please leave me alone for a few so I can write the damn outro.

Fine.

Thanks. Anyways so that was my conscience I call him trashy aka my true form/my twin you will prob encounter him more later in the story so be ready for him at anytime. So...sorry for my lame attempts at jokes and the boringness of this chapter (if there is even anyone reading this rn) but I promise it gets more interesting.

Yeah catching a glimpse of hell was interesting.

TRASHY I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE!

Yea okay whatever by peeps.

And see ya next time.

Peace out.✌🏻️
Peace out.✌🏻️

Here's a lovely picture 😊.