𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

00. | 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

nineteen fifty-eight

↠↠↠

Five-year-old Lydia Xavier sat in her bedroom in the mansion, quietly giggling to herself as the glowing green magic danced around her body. She watched as it shot up into the air, a small butterfly forming before beginning to flutter its wings and fly around the room. Lydia shrieked when it came flying towards her, only to go straight through her small body. She then held her hand out to her side where soon enough, the butterfly landed on her palm. She smiled brightly as the butterfly turned into a ballerina that began doing continuous pirouettes.

There was a knock on her door and Lydia stopped the magic as her much older half-brother and non-biological sister, Charles Xavier and Raven Darkholme walked in. They looked down at the younger girl with curious eyes as Lydia stood up.

"Charlie! Ravey!" The small girl exclaimed as she hugged her brother's leg, then hugged Raven's.

"Lyds, why are you so happy?" Charles smiled at his sister — his only biological family member left alive.

"Charlie, look." Lydia let go of her sister's leg and held her hand out. Soon enough, a small green-coloured puppy playfully ran around her bedroom and began jumping on her bed.

"Woah," Raven looked at Lydia's mutant abilities in awe, having never seen something so beautiful in her life.

Charles smiled at his sister and then bent down to her level, turning Lydia's attention back to her brother. "Wasn't that amazing?" The girl exclaimed with a bright smile.

Charles smiled and nodded, his eyes watering at how proud he was of his sister. "It is amazing, Lyds."

"Aww, Charlie is crying," Raven said in a baby voice as she smirked. Charles gave the girl a playful warning look.

"Does that mean I'm special like you two?" Lydia curiously asked.

Charles smiled and nodded. "Yes, you are like Raven and me, but you were always special to us." He then ticked his sister's stomach and she dropped onto the ground with a giggle as she rolled around.

nineteen sixty-two

↠↠↠

Nine-year-old Lydia sat at her school desk, paying no attention to what her teacher was teaching as she had already learnt that and much more through Charles. Lydia's gaze kept flickering up to the clock on the wall to see when school would finish. At least half an hour left. She sighed and looked back down towards the blackboard that contained notes on science.