𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.

03. | chapter three

❝mutation in its finest

mutation in its finest.

↠↠↠

A little over a week later and Lydia, Charles and Raven were headed to the CIA Headquarters in Virginia where Charles was going to tell the main agents about mutation in today's society. Moira was a little confused as to why Charles was now being accompanied by a ten year-old girl instead of his 'mother', but he quickly explained to her that their 'mother' had to run some errands and he had to look after Lydia.

"The advent of the nuclear age may have accelerated the mutation process. Individuals with extraordinary abilities may already be among us. Thank you very much." Charles turned off the PowerPoint presentation and then sat down besides Lydia.

"MacTaggert, you really think that some crackpot scientist is going to make me believe in sparkly dames and vanishing men?" Stryker asked Moira. Lydia's hands clenched up in anger at what he called her brother, before Charles grabbed onto her hand to calm her down. "You just bought yourself a one-way ticket back to the typing pool. This meeting is over."

Moira went to stand up. "Please sit down, Agent MacTaggert." She frowned lightly at Charles before sitting back down. Charles turned his gaze towards Stryker. "I didn't really expect you to believe me, given that all you could think about during the presentation was what sort of pie they were serving in the commissary." Lydia placed her head in her hands and went through the man's head herself. "Isn't that right, Lyds?"

Lydia stared at Stryker and then nodded. "Well, he isn't wrong."

"They are serving Apple Pecan," Charles told him. "Which just happens to be Lydia's favourite." He then turned towards Moira. "We haven't been entirely honest with you, love. I'm sorry. You see, one of the many spectacular things our mutation allows us to do is that we can read your minds."

"I've seen this before in a magic show," Agent Stryker laughed. "Are you gonna ask us to think of a number between one and ten now?"

"No, Agent Stryker. Although, I could ask you about your son, William, who you were thinking about, which is very nice," Charles smirked. "But I think I'd rather ask you about the Jupiter missiles America are currently placing in Turkey."

All of the agents looked at the duo with wide-eyes. "They are goddamn spies. You brought goddamned spies into this facility!"

Lydia stared at everyone with her mouth agape as all of the Agent's in the room began to yell at each other, so she quickly stood up and placed her hand towards the roof. Green shot out from her hand and spread across the roof with little bits of green glitter beginning to fall down, much like snow, and then stopped when it got close to everyone's heads. Everyone looked up at the sky in awe, and Lydia smiled at everyone. Raven then stood up and turned herself into Agent Stryker, and he stared back at her with his eyebrows raised and mouth agape.