𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.

16. | chapter sixteen

❝nineteen seventy-three

nineteen seventy-three.

↠↠↠

The Xavier's School for Gifted Youngster's was a massive hit for a few years after it had opened. Mutants from all over America and some further went to the school so that they could figure out how to control their powers, but also to do school work in a safe and loving environment.

Laughter flowed through the halls each and every day. It was peaceful, a warm environment to be in. But just like many good things, it all came to an end, and all in just a year.

Sean Cassidy was the first male to be drafted into the Vietnam war. After that, more and more male and female students as well as teachers were drafted, having to leave the safety of the school to join a war in a hostile land. Soon before they knew it, there was just no more students left in the school.

Naturally, Charles didn't get drafted due to his inability to walk and Lydia wasn't either due to the fact that her and Hank were put down as Charles' caretakers. Lydia was joyous that Charles wasn't going to go off and risk his life, but she still felt somewhat sad that he wasn't able to get drafted due to his legs.

Charles closed down the school after all of the students left. Alex leaving was probably the hardest on Lydia. He acted as a shoulder to cry on for her, someone she could rely on to make her feel better. Alex had become a best friend to Lydia, someone she never wanted to part with. And he just had to be the last one to leave. Lydia knew it was coming, and there was no stopping it.

Lydia cried for a few days, Charles and Hank not being able to do much for her as she hid in her room. Charles couldn't soothe Lydia with his mind as he had taken an injection that Hank made so that he could walk again.

Crying didn't do Lydia so well, so she began drinking. Hank nor Charles told her to stop, even though she was still underage and shouldn't even be anywhere near a drink. Charles began drinking also, and the two of them would just sit in the lounge room and bedroom and drink their sorrows away.

Most nights when Charles would go to sleep, his lower back would start aching again where Erik directed the bullet and Charles was never able to sleep because of it. Lydia stayed up with him on most nights so that he wouldn't be left alone. Hank then came up with an injection that would be able to make him walk again, so he took it, but it took his powers away.

As Lydia grew older, her powers began to develop and strengthen. Her control whenever she would read someone's mind had gone haywire, causing her mind to instantly put that person in pain instead of her just wanting to know what they were thinking. In that sort of situation, Charles would be the one to help her control it as he had while Lydia was young, but now that he had no powers, he couldn't help. So Lydia just opted on not using her telepathic powers, which didn't really matter for her anyways as she only ever saw Hank and Charles.

This lasted for a few years, until a knock sounded on the front door.

no denying that days of future past is my favourite x-men movie besides x-men 2