𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.

29. | chapter twenty-nine

 | chapter twenty-nine

jean grey.

↠↠↠

Later that night, everyone in the Xavier mansion got woken up by someone causing the building to shake. Knowing who it was in an instant, considering it had happened to Jean on more than one occasion, Lydia headed straight to her room.

All of the students were out of their beds and standing in their doorways. "Kids, it's alright. Go back to bed," Lydia ordered as she walked towards Jean's door where Hank was.

Avery's head peaked out from one of the rooms. "Is everything okay?" She asked quietly.

Lydia walked up to her and placed a hand on her cheek. "Everything's alright, sweetheart." She looked towards the next room. "Sophia, do you mind looking after Avery for a short while?"

"Sure thing," Sophia nodded and held her hand out for Avery, watching as the small girl walked over and grabbed her hand.

Lydia made her way to Jean's room, where Charles and Hank where waiting for her. Hank opened up the door to Jean who was tossing and turning in her bed, the wallpaper around her beginning to crumble. "Never seen it like this," Hank whispered.

"Nor I," Charles spoke.

"It keeps getting worse," Lydia said.

"Don't let any of the children come this way," Charles told Hank as he wheeled himself into the room with Lydia following closely behind him.

Jean's body began to steam and bubbles kept popping up on the wallpaper above her. Lydia looked around the room and noticed it was happening to all of the walls. Jean continued to toss and turn and breathe heavily as Charles and Lydia made their way to stand besides her bed.

"Jean," Charles reached out, when suddenly they were both hit with a massive searing pain in their heads.

All Lydia saw in her head was red. And fire. It was all very hot. Red clouded Lydia's vision. Red screams, red fire, red....everything. It was almost like a red storm was happening in her mind. Lydia's mind couldn't take it anymore as she clutched onto her head, groaning at the pain Jean's head was causing her. People were burning, houses were burning, people were screaming.

Lydia quickly brought her hand over towards Jean's head and tapped it, causing Jean to wake up from her nightmare, her breathing awfully heavy. Her scared filled eyes looked over at Lydia and then to Charles. "I saw the end of the world," Jean breathed out. "I could feel...all this death."

Lydia pulled on a tight, convincing smile while she blocked her head out from her telepathic mind. "It was just a dream, Jean. Go back to sleep."

"But it felt real," Jean turned to Lydia.