Baby It's Cold Outside

Baby it's Cold Outside

It was mid-December and Christmas was already in the air.  That night, England was certainly getting it's fair share of snow.  Winds coming through the area picked up mounds of snow and swirled them around in the air, depositing it elsewhere.  If one was able to look past the swirling snow, they would find a lovely cottage with candles in every window and a lit up Christmas tree visible from the window next to the door.  A pillar of smoke was rising form the stone chimney.

Inside the cottage sat Anna Thompson and her long term boyfriend George Weasley.  And that, dear readers, is where our story begins.

~~~~~~

"What?"  Anna laughed.  "You and Lee actually did that?  How?"

"Oh, it was easy.  All we had to do was sneak into your dorm when no one was in there.  You and Izzy quiet literally walked strait into that prank!"  He smiled at her, in his opinion, Anna's laugh was the most beautiful sound in the world.  He loved the sound of it, and he would do anything to hear it.

They looked into each other's eyes and slowly leaned into each other.  Anna closed her eyes and she felt George's soft lips on hers.  The kiss was filled with love and passion.  they soon broke apart when Anna's attention was drawn to the chiming clock, signaling the   time was now one o'clock in the morning.

"i have to go, I told Izzy that I'd be home at midnight."  Anna sighed.

"You can always stay here."  George suggested.

"I really can't stay."  Anna said, getting up off the warm sofa she was sitting on with George.

"Baby it's cold outside."  George said, thinking of ways to get her to stay with him.

"I got to go away."  She said sadly.

"Baby it's cold outside."

"This evening has been..."  She was cut off by George.

"Been hoping that you'd drop in."

"So very nice."  Nice didn't even begin to explain how Anna felt about tonight...

"I'll hold your hands, their just like ice."  George grabbed her hand as she started for her coat and hat.

"Izzy will start to worry."  She remembered her sister, who had already been waiting for an hour.

"Beautiful what's your hurry?"

"Remus will be pacing the floor." 'Well... maybe not exactly...' She thought to herself.

"Listen to the fire place roar."  George clearly wasn't planing on giving up any time soon.

"So really I better scurry."  

"Beautiful please don't hurry."

"Maybe just half a drink more." She was referring to the Butterbeer they had been drinking earlier in the night.  George could tell she was starting to cave in.

"Put some records on while I pour."

"The Order might think..."

"Baby it's bad out there."  George said, looking out the window.

"Say, what's in this drink?"  Anna thought she tasted Fire whiskey in the Butterbeer.

"No brooms to be flown out there."

"I wish I knew how..."

"Your eyes are like star light now..."  He said, looking deep into her eyes.

"To break this spell."  She said, putting on her hat.

"I'll take your hat, your hair looks swell."  He playfully took off her hat, revealing her brown hair that was tied back into a messy bun,

"I'd like to say no, no, no sir."  But she knew she couldn't, and so did George.

"Mind if I move in closer?"  His lips where close to hers.

"At least I'm gonna say that I tried."  She said softly.

"What's the sense in hurting my pride."  As Gryffindors, both Anna and George had plenty of pride between the two of them.

After a quick peck on the lips, Anna turned from him, saying: "I really can't stay."

"Baby don't hold out."

"Ah, but it's cold outside."  They both said together.

"I've got to go home."  She reached for her coat.

"Oh, baby you'll freeze out there."

When Anna held her coat, she realized  her coat was soaking wet.  "Say, lend me a coat?"

"It's up to your knees out there."  To be fair, Anna was short.

"You've really been grand."  She said, using one hand to mess his hair up more than it was.

"Thrill when you touch my hair."  He stole yet another kiss.

"But don't you see..."  She was cut off.

"How can you do this thing to me?"  He had a sad look in his eyes, making his heart melt.

"There's bound to be talk tomorrow."

"Think about a life-long sorrow."  He said dramatically.

"At least there will be plenty implied."

"If you get pneumonia and die."

"I really can't stay."

"Get over that hold out."

"Ah but it's cold outside."  She quickly opened the door and left George inside, closing the door behind her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

George was very shocked that Anna had actually left him.  HIs playful sorrow had been replaced instantly with an empty feeling.  She had left him.  Maybe he wasn't a good enough reason to stay...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anna stood outside the cottage; what the hell did she just do?  George had made it quite obvious that he wanted her to stay with him, and she just left him, and slammed the door in his face.  Snow fell in her hair, he still had her hat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It took him a moment to realize he was still holding a mass of soft fabric in his fist.  Anna's hat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She had to go back to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He had to go after her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anna made her decision.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

George knew what he had to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'What if he hates me?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Why did she leaved'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'I love him.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'I love her.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

George ran to the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anna ran through the snow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

George reached for the handle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anna pulled the door open.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm so sorry."  They both said  once they saw each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He hugged her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She hugged him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I love you."  She said to him.  "And I don't plan on leaving any time soon."

"I love you too."  They kissed.

"Why did you come back?"  He asked once they pulled apart.

She looked into George's blue eyes.  They where filled with his love for her.  The next four words came easily:  "Baby it's cold outside."