He chuckled, "I want to show you that no matter what you do, the outcome will always be the same."

"What do you mean by outcome? That person would choose to take you back?"

"What would you do if I said yes?"

"Mark, you can say that everything is fixing itself now, but you're going to get hurt."

"I know, but I'd rather it be me."

"Why? Why do you want to keep this pain? Why don't you want me?"

"Because if I have you, I'll be in more pain."

"No you won't."

"Yes I will, you know it's true. Just leave."

"If I do, will you forgive me?"

"How can I forgive a person who almost took everything away from me because of her selfish desire? Just leave, don't approach me, don't look at me and stop loving me."

"I'll still be here. You just need to realise you need me."

As her heels came closer to the door, I walked away. She noticed that I was still pretty near. Her eyes stayed on me, my tears wanted to fall. I wanted to ask but her gaze zipped my mouth shut.

"Why her?" She muttered to herself.

When I got home, I opened up my diary and began writing.

September 10 2016

If I knew that quality time with Mark meant me finding the truth in a lie, I wouldn't have wasted my time spending it on that. It's sad, I know nothing about Mark and the past eight years. It hurts, I really just want to learn, to learn about Mark, but it still hurts. I want to make the most of these three months.

-Nicole

I woke up the next day, with a headache and bloodshot eyes. After taking a shower, I headed downstairs, seeing no one home. I pulled out milk, butter and eggs out of the fridge and grabbed flour and sugar from the pantry. If pizza wasn't an option to make for breakfast, then pancakes were the next best thing.

I made the batter and flipped eight perfect pancakes onto a plate. There I was left with a stack of pancakes ready to be eaten. While stuffing pancakes into my mouth, I opened up my phone to listen to another instrumental. From the melody, lyrics came up in mind but I began questioning myself. Were they a bit too realistic? Were they too relatable?

After that little discussion with myself, I finally put those lyrics down. It was normal for artists to use their life experiences as a basis of their songs, right? I spent the day crossing out useless lyrics and ordering pizza. Unlike the day before, it took me more than two hours to finish the lyrics for the song. Once I actually finished, I stared at my phone, wondering if Mark was going to be sent home soon.

I then realised that there wasn't any news about me on T.V yet, maybe because I didn't look like myself. On google, I searched up 'Nicole Richards in Australia'. Nothing came up except for my birthplace. I let out a sigh of relief and jumped onto the couch and turned on Netflix. To get my mind off things, I decided to watch both Finding Nemo and Finding Dory.

It was around 9:45pm when Michelle and Michael walked back in the house. "Nicole, you want stir fry for dinner?"

"No thanks Michelle, I ate pizza already."

"You really are like your mother, eating pizza and fast foods yet never gaining weight."

I rolled off the couch laughing at what she just said. "Why are you laughing so hard?"