intro

THE DOMINO EFFECTA NOVEL BY JASPER, @astrologay, CIRCA 2017

THE DOMINO EFFECT
A NOVEL BY JASPER, @astrologay, CIRCA 2017.

DEDICATION
to lily, for loving these characters almost as much as i do, actually listening to me talk about them and genuinely caring for what i have to say, being an amazing spouse, and the best friend i could ask for.

EPIGRAPH
"They don't see what they're doing. The only thing they see are their intentions."
— Amy Neftzger, The Orchard of Hope.

EXTENDED SUMMARY
Like most sixteen-year-olds, Cain Terranova has a lot on his mind. He worries that his slightly demonic dog will piss in his book-bag for the third time this week. He worries that there might be a day when glitter goes out of style. He worries that the cops will realize that all of the murders he's committed are tied together and he's the sole person responsible and they'll lock him up forever and he'll be forced to wear orange, of all things, for the love of God, Jesus Christ, and all things holy, why do prison jumpsuits have to be such a mind-blowingly shittastic shade of hungover rabbit vomit orange?
Typical teenage things like that.
But then he contracts a mysterious parasite-virus-bug-thing, which, no, it isn't an STD, for the last time, he's completely clean, and, all of a sudden, he gets a whole new slew of things to worry about.
Like the fact that he's probably — no, screw that — that he's definitely going to die.
And the fact that the world's gonna end. And the universe will most likely implode in on itself. And it's all his fault. But, more importantly, he's going to die.
In simple terms, he fucked up so bad it's almost like he's a rich white businessman that decided to run for president with no experience whatsoever under his belt. And now he's in charge of putting a big enough bandaid on the world to fix his mistakes before it's too late.

CONTENT WARNING
Mainly just vulgar language and dick jokes, but also some slightly heavier themes and ideas. There's also some brief racism/police brutality.
Please let me know if there's anything in specific you guys would want me to put a specific warning about on chapters or if there's something I forgot to put a warning about.

ACHIEVEMENTS
⇢ A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY in wattpad picks: diverse world!!!!
⇢ 1st place winner of the wolder awards
⇢ the sparkle awards laughter + action round one finalist
⇢ the sour apple awards first place for characters
⇢ the 2017 winter midnight awards overall first place winner

COVER
this beautiful cover is by realisticbeauty ❤️

AUTHOR'S NOTE
i've worked so so so hard on this story, i'm so excited to finally publish it!!!! i love the characters to death, they're my babies.
and i'm just really emotional about this story okay, the characters are vv important to me for a lotta reasons and i just am an emotional train wreck okay i cry easily. i'm so excited to share them w u guys. i hope u love them as much as i do.
so anyways!!! constructive criticism is much encouraged, just be nice about it. and so is ur opinions and thoughts and all that fun stuff. just be nice once again. i love hearing what u guys have to say.
i hope u guys enjoy reading this as much as i enjoyed writing it!
xoxo jass