Dylmas - In The Name Of Love

Start from the beginning

Today.

Thomas hung his head, both of his hands on the table, holding him up. Closing his eyes, Thomas tried to steady his breathing.

It was going to be okay.

CRASH!

Thomas' head shot up at the sound, eyes scanning the tent. The ground shook with the impact of the hit, knocking things over all around. Pots and pans, papers and personal items all fell to the uneven ground as voices rose in panic.

Thomas' eyes grew wide as he gathered papers and stuffed them into the bag by his feet; he couldn't afford to lose these.

Tying the bag closed, Thomas' eyes caught the glint of light reflection off of the ring on his finger. It was a simple ring – a silver band with the word 'forever' engraved around the inside. Thomas began to twist the ring side to side, his eyes not leaving it as he remained crouched on the dusty floor, blocking out his manic surroundings.

* * *

(Flashback)

Thomas could feel his heart pounding with every step that he took. His heavy boots sent echoes through the airport as they connected with the polished, tiled floor.

Dylan squeezed his boyfriend's hand, their fingers intertwined in the space between them. Thomas looked over at him, a sad smile on his lips.

Dylan stopped then, also stopping Thomas from continuing ahead. He turned to face the blonde, his hands going to cup his pale face. Thomas melted into his touch. Holding back tears, Thomas kept his gaze on his boots.

"Hey," Dylan whispered, his voice silky soft. He ran his thumb over Thomas cheekbones, lifting the blonde's head to look at him.

The sadness that pooled in his beautiful eyes seemed to break Dylan's heart, but he stayed strong, smiling lightly at Thomas. Thomas struggled to return the smile, but Dylan could tell that he was trying.

Leaning forward, Dylan brushed his lips across Thomas'. The action was small and intimate, but it sent heat – hope, even – rushing through Thomas, running through his veins to the tips of his toes and the ends of his fingers.

Dylan slowly pulled away, though his hands remained on Thomas' face.

"Stay safe, babe." Dylan said, his voice still a quiet whisper.

Thomas nodded, "I will." He said, his voice breaking as he held back the flood of tears that were threatening to fall. "I-I love you. I love you so God damn much!" he continued, his voice rising as he forced himself to swallow the lump that had formed in his dry throat.

Dylan looked down at that, a small tear slipping out from his guard. Thomas watched as the tear slid down the brunette's face, hanging for a moment before leaving his face and falling.

Thomas grabbed Dylan's hands, removing them from his face and holding them tightly by his chest.

Dylan could feel Thomas' heartbeat. The slow, steady beats calming him as he slowly brought his eyes back up to meet Thomas'.

"I love you too."

Thomas smiled, dropping Dylan's hands to wrap his arms around the other's waist, pulling him closer. The two stood alone in the waiting room, their chests pressed up against each other. Dylan was slowly losing himself in Thomas' eyes, the warm brown orbs engulfing him as he stared. He'd moved his hands back to Thomas' chest so that they were trapped between the two bodies, finding comfort in Thomas' heartbeat.

Thomas bent his head down to rest his forehead on Dylan's. They were so close now that their breath was mingling together.

"Hey, Tom! Over 'ere!" a man shouted from the doorway that lead to the plane.