Chap 1 "First Day"

Katie's POV
The first day of college, I walked onto the Harvard campus. "I shouldn't have packed so much," I sighed as I put my suitcase down. "Oh my god." I took a deep breath. As I was about to grab my suitcase again, a guy ran smack into me. "Ow."
"I am so sorry," said the guy. "Let me help you." He got up and he helped me up. "I am so sorry."
"No, I should've watched where I was going," I nodded.
"I'm Chris," he held out his hand. "And you are?"

"Katie Reid," I smiled as I used my dad's last name

"Why does your name sound familiar?" Chris asked.
"I don't know," I shrugged.
"Is there anything I can help you with?" Chris asked.
"Yeah, my suitcase."
"Okay," Chris smiled as he grabbed my suitcase. "Where are you headed to?"
"Uhm," I replied as I looked at my phone. "Suite 387."
"Really?"
"Yeah, that's what the e-mail says."
"Well," Chris held out his hand. "I'm your roomie."
"Nice to meet you," I smiled as I shook his hand. We went to our suite and he showed me to our room. "This is huge. Is it for us two?"
"No," Chris replied. "We have three girls and three boys in one suite." I nodded. "Abbie, Zack, Tyler, and Jessica."
"Along with me and you," I smiled.
"Look, the rest of us are having a game up on the roof tonight if you wanna join," Chris smiled. "We start at seven to get to know each other if you want to join up."
"I definitely will," I smiled. "I gotta get to welcome week so I'll see you tonight." I went to my room. I changed and went down to the campus fair. A girl stopped me in my tracks. "Can I help you?"
"Stay away from Chris," she looked at me.
"I'm sorry," I replied. "Is he your boyfriend?"
"No, but he will be," she crossed her arms.
"Do we have a problem here, Becca?" Chris walked up to us.
"No, I was just leaving," I nodded. I walked around for a few hours and about seven, I went up to the roof of my suite. "Hey Chris."

"Hey," Chris gave me a hug

"Hey," Chris gave me a hug. "Guys, I want you to meet Katie, our new roomie." I waved. "This is Abbie, Jessica, Tyler, and Zack." They said their hellos. We talked for a couple hours and by two am everyone had turned in. Chris and I were still on the roof. I had gotten up to go to my room but I stopped and looked at the stars. "Are you not turning in yet?"
"I'm tired but I'm trying to take in the view," I smiled.
"Is there not stars where you're from?" Chris asked.
"Well, there is but I never got to really enjoy the outdoors much," I nodded. Chris looked at me. "Sorry I stepped out of line when I asked if you had a girlfriend."
"You didn't," Chris nodded. "But I really don't know much about you."
"I grew up in Quantico, Virginia. My dad works for the FBI and my mom works for NCIS. I guess my standards are pretty high in high school. I graduated with honors."
"Are you following your parents footsteps?" Chris asked.
"I'm wanting to be a lawyer," I nodded.
"But your minoring in criminal justice."
"I might be looking at both paths for a career. I don't know yet. I don't know which path I want to go right now. Both NCIS and the FBI are looking at me as a possible recruit."
"It's understandable," Chris nodded.
"I'm always wanting to make my parents proud. I'm on many scholarships," I sighed. "But I'm still not sure if I made them proud of choosing to come here than wanting to go to a college they had chosen for me." I looked at Chris. "But I think I made the right choice."
"I know I said I wasn't looking for something serious and I'm not," Chris looked at me. "But being here at this moment, with you, it just seems...right."
"I know what you mean," I nodded. I smiled as I looked at the stars. Chris grabbed my hand, he seems cautious at first. Since I didn't seem to mind, he clasped his hand with mine. "Chris?" I looked at him as we sat down on the bench, as we kept our hands together. He put his arm around me and I leaned in as he put his other arm around me. We just gazed at the stars for a little bit longer. I looked at him. We ended up getting closer to each other. We kissed. I pulled away and smiled. "I think we should get some sleep."
"Yeah," Chris sighed as he let go of me. "You have a good night, Katie."
"Good night, Chris," I smiled. I got up and went to my room. I woke up and saw that I had four missed calls from my parents. "What?" I got showered and dressed. I went out to the campus and called my parents. "It's too early."