I think about his offer, which isn't a bad one. I have to earn my job by beating his best tattoo artist, and I'll be damned if I lose. My daughter and I need this opportunity, who knows where it may lead but it's worth the risk if it'll get me closer to my dreams.

 "You have yourself a deal." I say proudly, extending my hand out for him to seal the deal.

 He shakes my hand, giving me a toothy grin. "Can't wait to have you there. I'm assuming this means you're taking the other job as well then, if you want I can help you with your apartment lease and job release."

 "No, I can handle things from here." I brush his offer off, then look back to the funerary business.

 "Silvia would have wanted me to do this, she wouldn't want me to stay back. I don't know why there's still a part of me attached to this place, there's a lot of good and bad memories here. I want to erase many of them." I confess.

 Isaac pulls me in for a hug, making me let out a few tears as he rubs his hand in my back. "Pennsylvania can be your new beginning, Liesla. But that doesn't mean you should forget what happened here, because those moments and people made you the person you are today."

 I hug him tighter as more tears fall. "Thank you, Isaac. I'll call you a two week before I head to Philly."

 We say our temporary goodbyes then head our separate ways. I close my daughter's door then get in the car.

 Maybe I'm crazy for moving so suddenly but now thinking everything through, this may just be the best option. Staying in Florida will only drag me down, suppressing my dreams and hope for something new. I know I'm a single mother, but I always make sure my daughter has everything she need. This job opportunity could allow me to give her more than what I ever had.

 "Are you ready to go home mi muñeca?" Her face lights up as I call her my doll, rewarding me with the smile I live for that has a dimple on her right cheek.

 My daughter, Dayana Montez, looks almost like an exact copy of me when I was a child. She has long dark brown hair like mine and a soft, natural light tan skin. Her eyes are the only things that make us different. I have hazel eyes with specks of green, while Dayana has green mixed with blue eyes that changes depending on her mood.

 "Casa, mamá!" She squeals out in Spanish as she jumps in her seat.

 I shift in my seat to face her and giggle. "Yes, Dayana, home. Well, for a couple of weeks."

 I turn on the car and drive home.

∼❈∽

 Once I got Dayana to eat and take her nap, I pick up my phone and go over to my emails, opening the email that could potentially change my life eventually.

 My thumb taps on the number highlighted on screen, pressing the call option once it comes up.

 One ring. Two rings. Three rings. Four rings.

 The anticipation for my call to be answered is drowning all of my energy. After I hear the fifth ring, I expect the voicemail message to start but it never plays.

 "Hello? This is Kevin Moreau, who might this be?" The artist curiously asks.

 I stay stunned for a second without saying a word. When I notice that a word hasn't come out of my mouth, I clear my throat and let out a small, awkward chuckle. "Good afternoon, my name is Liesla Montez. You sent me an email last week about the job opportunity, I don't need two weeks to make my decision, I have already made it."

 "Great! What have you decided?" Kevin inquires.

 I take a deep breath then let a huge smile form on my face.

 "I accept to be your assistant."

-∿-∿-∿-∿-∿-

And you've made it to the end! What do you think? Peaks your interest maybe? I hope so.

If you enjoyed this chapter, please give this a vote and a comment! I would appreciate it a ton!

➻ What are your thoughts on Liesla?

I have big plans for this story, I can't wait for you to meet the love interest!

➵ Updates for this story will be on Monday's!

Thank you for reading!❤️

Until Monday for Chapter one!