Kynes opened the black wall by waving his hand up. The wall began to rise and I walked under it, looking for the blue lines, only able to see them once the wall was closed all the way. As I followed them, I found myself really regretting being chosen for this damn mission. I had to go through all of this trouble just for some stupid weredragon blood. This stupid Kai guy better be willing to help out or I was going to have to very painfully extract some. Queen Lilith better be damn ready to wake up by the time this was all done.

I heard the echo of machinery unlocking and rising and followed the damn blue lines faster until I finally saw the light. Once I was enveloped in it, I noticed it was a very simple office setting with a pale man with slender monolid eyes and dark hair dyed a burgundy. His hair was short and styled towards the left, and his eyes were and unnatural reptilian green, his nose was slender and his lips were pale. His face oval shaped and suited his features, he looked very lithe and wise in his suit. He watched me curiously with a smirk playing on his features. "I see you have finally made it, my dear vampire," he got up and shook my hand. 

He made me shiver. His movements were graceful and, while not intrusive, made it seem like he was searching for something. He was studying me and I found myself wanting to greet him properly, like a dragon should. I was drawn to him, not in the sense I was to Nemesio, but very similar. "It is shame you are already spoken for, vampire," he breathed in my scent, "Or I would consider you a worthy life partner. Granted, I could probably take your mate's head off and claim you for myself. . ." he drawled on and smiled. "It is so rare that I meet another dragon, I actually think you are the first full-blooded one."

"Don't even think about it," I hissed jumping back and onto the wall, "He would crush you within an instant."

"So Crescent is not your daughter, and your mate is not human," he chuckled. "I figured as much, but don't worry, I won't tell. I just want to know why you're here, so far away from the Queen's Coven and her protection."

"There's a specific type of blood I need," I stood up straight and glared. "And it happens to be yours, since you're a weredragon."

"Yes because dragon blood, in any form is very powerful," he smiled and reached for my hand but I moved it away from him and he frowned, "For instance, did you know, that we are own group away from the weres, vampires, mers, and nymphs? We technically could all, hypothetically speaking of course, overthrow them all. Not even the deities can control us."

"So why are you working with humans that are enslaving the other creatures?"

"Why are you working with the vampires who you could very easily overthrow? Why listen to them?" He replied. "I work with the humans because they amuse me. I have no interest in the Fallen Sisters' punishment."

"That can change," I shot back, "They've ruined the world once before, haven't they? They'll do it again." I finally sat down.

"You  didn't answer my question," he replied. "Why do you work with the vampires? Are they the only family you've ever known? Perhaps it was the possibility of finding your mate? Or are you really just that loyal to the ones who lead to your own mother's destruction?"

"What do you know about my mother?" I snapped and my full set of fangs peeked out from under my lips.

"I know of the famous Dragona family, every dragon does," he sat on his desk. "Did you know that you're dragon nobility? Perhaps even royalty? 

"When the vampire queen assigned the sunlight weakness to your family she made it so it was next to impossible for anymore Dragona to find a mate outside the vampire coven, thereby diluting your blood magic. She also made sure other dragons knew to stay away from her Coven. . . " he paused. " Your mother died searching for another mate after her vampire mate got caught out in the sunlight. She went searching for a dragon life partner, only to be ambushed by the queen's soldiers and forced to remain in the sunlight for a painful death."

"You're lying, the Vampire Queen values my family, we are one of the strongest Noble vampire families!" I snarled.

"Believe what you want, my dear," he grinned, "But let's go back to business. Your job choice and what you need to wake the vampire queen.  .  ."

______________________________________________________________________________

Well, there you go. I wonder if what Kai says is true or not? What do you all think of this development in the story? I hope you all enjoyed this turn of events and keep on reading. I'm having so much fun editting this and creating a better story for you all. I hope you all decide to keep reading. Remember to vote for and comment your thoughts on the stoy!Thank you all!

-EmpressVampira