The Girl In The Trench Coat.

The sun shimmered all over the stony pavement as people began to lessen little by little: driving away to their warm homes or walking down into and towards the arms of their welcoming relatives, or just grinning away from the crammed familiar scent of work. It seemed like a normal sight as Lea walked down the same road, with her pink trench coat, hands in the pockets of it, as it shone in the shining sunlight, her steps composing a strange rhythm as her ponytail bounced off and on her head covered with dark brown soft silky hair that every girl would die for. Lea was always the one to be proud of it and flaunt it as well as she always has.

She cursed under her breath as a stranger with disheveled hair pushed past her and stood there, three foot away, panting heavily as she gazed down at him, presuming and jumping to various conclusions at his total mess of a state. He gasped and lightly brushed his nose as a little groan escaped his blood-filled mouth as his dry cold lips folded themselves in. He was still panting. Heavily. 

Her disgraced self took the better of her as she whirled around and resumed the strange rhythm of her steps, walking down towards the now almost bare street.

I don't understand, she mumbled to herself.

She merely heard the hastily approaching footsteps over the same stony pavement as she was grasped by her shoulder and compelled to turn around again as his eyes shone greatly at her, with a tinge of pride in them. 

"Why can't you just listen to me?" He somewhat proudly asked.

"You never asked me to." She replied with the confidence she has always had when speaking.

"Well, now I am. Listen to me." He said.

Alright. Go ahead.”

His face quickly altered into something full of compassion and bewilderment as if he knew what to throw out of his mouth but didn't know how to.

“I…You are…Nina…Listen, you’re not this.” He stuttered and seemed clearly dissatisfied by his mess of words.

Rage and frustration grew into Lea’s veins as she furrowed her eyebrows harshly.

“Listen, mister, whoever you are, I don’t understand. I think I know you but clearly, I probably don’t because you’re not being clear sir.”

“You do know me..Yes, you do.” 

“I know you. Okay. Great. That’s just great. Goodbye.”

Just like that, she walked away, yet again resuming her not so strange but the now familiar rhythm of her steps as she became aware of the darkness that had now invaded the streets as she never once looked back.