I hear the door slowly close making it completely dark. It's quiet, too quiet. I expect him to switch on the lights on after s while but he doesn't. For a moment I think he left me in here until I hear footsteps. I walk backwards towards the door, as soon as my hand comes in contact with the handle I try to open it.

"It's locked."

It's a trap.

I swallow hard and lick my dry lips.

I'm dead.

I touch the wall repeatedly trying to find the light switch but there's nothing. The room is so dark I can't even see my own hands. I try to move as quietly as possible trying to figure his fucking mind games. I bump into something with my knee, it's...it's a table. I touch the table looking for something, anything. Maybe if I keep quiet he won't here me.

Relax.You still have the gun.

The gun fuck where is it??

A deep chuckle vibrates from across the room.

He took it.

"Never trust anyone Taylor, not even your own shadow" The voice in my head reminds me.

I hear the movement of the gun and he pulls the trigger but the gun is on safety mode.

I hear his footsteps make their way towards me, slowly but steadily.

1
2
3
4

I feel him touch my hair softly and wonder how he can see me in this darkness. He slowly pulls off the elastic band holding my hair up letting it loose. He then does something that makes the hair on my neck stand.

He smells it.

"Hmmm.." He hums seeming infatuated by my hair.

I remain quiet.

He pulls me closer to him, so close that I can smell the cigars on his shirt. He pulls my jacket off and drops it on the floor with a small thud and I immediately know what he wants.

Breath in.

I hear him move and the sound of something being dropped.. his shirt?
He puts on a lighter and lights his cigar and in those two seconds I see everything. I see his eyes that are a darker shade of black with the flame reflecting on them. He looks like the devil and the sick part is that I like it..
He lifts up his head and releases a long puff in my face, not even bashing an eyelash. He drops the cigar to the ground and steps on it making the darkness in the room suffocate us again.

"Not so tough now, are you?" He whispers in my ear.

He puts his hand on the side of my neck pulling me closer to his face.

"Are you?"

His hand lands on my back pushing me closer to him and all I do is breath, breath him in. Sucking all the sanity I have left.

I breath out trying to level my heart beat.

He flicks out his tongue and licks my shoulder in a slow motion. He's breathing is fanning my neck spiking something on my skin. His teeth graze my neck, biting it with no mercy while flicking his tongue once in a while. He pulls my hair exposing my neck more for him. I wait for him to continue with his attack on my neck but he doesn't, he just stops moving. I hear the sound of a belt being unbackled and that's when something in me snaps.

"You know, I don't understand you."

"A young girl who decides to moves out from her aunt and uncles house and live alone in a crappy apartment. The weird part is the fact that she declines every cent that they give her. I wonder why?"

Silence.

"Unless.... Unless something happened while she was there and now she's trying to run away from it."

"So Taylor, what is it?"

My hand suddenly reaches for his throat and push him against the nearest wall, choking him without an ounce of guilt.

"What are you playing at." I say lowly applying pressure on his throat.

He laughs again.

"What are you going to kill me? Cut my throat like how you did to that guy?"

I freeze for a moment, thinking back to that night.

"How'd you know?"

"What that you're a murder? You're just as bad as I am Taylor. If not worse."

"But there's one thing I don't get."

"How did you survive in that house?"

And with that, it all comes rushing back....