"Engine 6 enroute" Chief radioed in as I turned on the lights and sirens.

Pulling up to the the house, Cheif started barking orders.

" Martinez go with Hudson" Nodding my response I ran to the front door I kicked it in. Dropping down to my knees, we entered the house.

"Fire department, anyone in here?" I yelled as loud as I could, Swinging my ax across the ground as I went Through each room "fire department, is anyone In here" I yelled again after pushing a door open.

"Please help me" I heard a womans weak voice come from under the bed and jumped to my feet

. "Hold the bed up, while I pull her out" I told him. When he held the bed I grabbed the woman out from underneath the bed and put my oxygen mask over her face.

"Here this is oxygen ma'am, I'm going to get you out of here" when she nodded her head, I turned around and carried her out the door. When the Emts came over I placed her on the stretcher.

"Thank you for saving me" she said before passing out.

"Good job Hudson, let's finish up here and head home" Chief said and we got to work. When the fire was out and we were back at the firehouse, I took my gear off and went to my locker.

"Heading home Hudson?" Martinez asked coming up to me.

"Yeah, my shift is over, see you in two days" I said and left.

It was rather late when I pulled into the driveway, Turning the engine off and getting out of my truck I went inside. Taking two steps at a time, I found myself in front of Alexa's door. After opening her bedroom door, she was sound asleep. I haven't seen her in two days and has the urge to hold her. Walking into her room, I bent down beside her bed. I didn't want to wake her but I desperately need to hug her. After last night I thought I wouldn't see her again.

"Babygirl, wake up" I whispered trying to wake her up. When she opened her eyes she jumped up and into my arms.

"Daddy!! You're home I missed you" she said crying as she latched onto me. I began to choke up as i held onto her. I never thought I would hold my baby again.

"Yes babygirl, I'm home. I missed you so much baby"

"Did you put out any fires" she asked me.

"Yes baby I did" I told her

"Did you save people" wow she was full of questions tonight.

"Yes I did babygirl, hey let's go to bed. Daddy just needed to see his baby girl before going to sleep" I said and stood up.

"Night daddy, thank you for being safe. I love you" she said laying back down.

"I will always come home to you baby, I love you" I said and quickly turned around before he would see my tears. I walked out into the hallway and leaned against the wall.

"Finn, honey are you okay?" My mom and dad take care of Alexa when I work my 48 hour shifts so whenever I come home, no matter what time it is, they are always up waiting for me.

"I'm exhausted, I haven't slept. Work is crazy" I didn't want to tell her about the other night because she will worry too much.

"What happened sweetie?" She knows me too well.

"Rick died last night mom and I almost did too. I've saved so many lives but I couldn't even save my own partner" I told her. I wasn't a very emothional man but when I comes to my brothers and my family, I will do whatever I can do protect or save them.

"Sweetie, he died a hero, you can't save them all. I know he's been your partner for years now and losing him is difficult but there's a reason you couldnt save him, if you had, Alexa wouldn't have a father. So in a way he saved you honey" when she put it that way, I guess it made sense but it doesn't bring him back.