Chapter 22: Challenge Accepted

Start from the beginning

Dean opens his arms up to give me a hug but before he can do so Neville runs up with a note in his hand.

"I found this on top of your bag outside the women's locker room." I take the note from him and read it out loud so Dean knows what it says too.

Day 2: And with a small glance I'll be gone.

"Winnie, is it from..." Neville's words drift off and I nod my head. Neville knows everything that happened when I was younger. We've been friends for forever. He pretty much knows everything about me.

"Yeah. This is the second one." I reply, not taking my eyes off the note. Again, I recognize the hand writing as my father's.

"Why would he use 'day 2' to start the note with? It doesn't make sense." Neville mumbles to himself. Unlike Neville, I know exactly why he's writing what day it is.

"He's writing that because he's counting up till the day he kills me." I whisper so the people around us don't hear me. If anyone heard that one of the talent is in danger it would get back to Vince and then who knows what would happen. Plus, the less people that get involved the better. I don't need half the company in danger because of my past that won't leave me alone.

"Counting the days till he kills you? Winnie, I will not just sit around and wait for your dad to kill you! We need to do something about this now before it gets out of hand." Neville starts to pace back and forth in the hallway. If people were suspicious of us before than there's no doubt they are now.

"We can't do anything, Neville. If there was something we could do then I would have done it already."

"No, Neville is right, Winnie. We can't just stand here waiting till we get the call that you've been shot in the head or stabbed through the heart. Maybe it's for the best if we tell Vince about the whole situation." Dean cuts in. I look at him in disbelief. I understand Dean must be worried like crazy for me but there's no way in hell I'm letting that happen.

"Guys, you don't understand. The more people that get involved the more people that my dad will target. I've already put you guys in danger just by getting these notes while I'm with you. He's probably targeting you guys already."

Before anything else can be said, a guy with a headset runs up to us saying that it's time for my promo. Without another word the three of us walk to the guerilla. I keep running what I want to say through my head so I don't stutter or make a fool of myself. Unfortunately, that tends to happen a lot.

I don't care what you think as long as it's about me...

My music blares through out the arena as I walk through the curtain. I take a good look at the crowd with a wide smile on my face. This is another reason why I refuse to tell Vince about my father. There's no way he'd let me compete until everything is resolved and I just don't have time for that right now. Especially since my career has taken off in the past couple months.

I grab a microphone before climbing into the ring. I take another look at the people in the crowd that are closer up to the ring. Mainly, because I want to see if my father is mixed in with them. After a few minutes of looking I conclude that he's not there and carry on with my promo.

"So, many of you guys know that I have defeated quite a few of the women here in the women's division. That's when a thought crossed my mind. Why have I not challenged Nikki Bella for the championship yet?" The crowd starts to chant Daniel Bryan's 'Yes! Yes! Yes!' chant. I chuckle a little bit to myself before continuing, "That's why I'm out here tonight. So Nikki Bella, I am challenging you for the divas championship!" I shout the last part to get the crowd even more pumped.

A few seconds later the Bella's music starts to play. I grin as a furious Nikki and Brie strut down the ramp with microphones in hand. It doesn't take long for Nikki to start talking.

"Are you seriously trying to challenge me for my championship?" She asks, I nod in response. She turns to Brie and they start to laugh like I told them a joke that was so bad it was laughable anyways, "Honey, you may have been able to beat me before, but that's only because luck was on your side."

"So, is luck on my side when I do this?" I throw my mic down and super kick Nikki in the face. She immediately goes down and rolls out of the ring in pain. I turn to Brie who looks like she has just seen the most horrific accident in her whole life. She rolls out of the ring to be with Nikki with a microphone in hand.

"You know what, Winnie? You've got your championship match! And my sister will retain her title against you!" Brie shouts as Nikki sits up holding her jaw. Nikki looks at Brie like she just slapped her across the face. They start to argue with each other over what Brie had just said.

I spot the divas championship belt on the ring floor and pick it up. I look straight into the camera and hoist the title up into the air as my music starts to blare in the arena once again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hiya lunatics! So, funny story, I was planning on updating last Thursday after work but then I ended up slicing me thumb on a hot fudge can at work and it got really sore. Long story short my thumb is the reason why I couldn't update because you can't type on an iPod with a bandaid over your tender ass thumb.

Anyways, I hope you guys like this chapter! Please vote and comment!