She pulled herself together, examining the scene before her. Y/N's book was beside her and she quickly picked it up, breathing a sigh of relief after seeing it was fine. In front of Y/N sat another girl, maybe a few years older than herself. This girl had flawless dark skin, long curly hair, and wore a pretty peach colored dress. The girl stared at Y/N for a moment, then began to laugh as she stood to her feet. Y/N scrambled to her feet as well, blushing profusely.

"Oh, my. I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking! This is all my fault. I-" Y/N began rambling.

The girl only shook her head and smiled. "Don't worry about it. I wasn't looking where I was going either. My name is Angelica Schuyler, and who might you be?"

Y/N did her best to compose herself, attempting to straighten her worn, simple tan dress. "I'm Y/N. Y/N Hamilton."

Angelica grinned at Y/N, then her eyes lit up when she saw the book in Y/N's hands. "Is that Common Sense? I just finished reading that! What do you think of it?"

"Oh, it's wonderful!" Y/N gushed. "I only just began reading it, but I love all the ideas put forth in this book."

A girl in a yellow dress stood beside Angelica, and gently tugged her sleeve. "Angie?" She said softly.

Angelica turned to her two sisters and gave them a soft smile. "Oh, how rude of me! I almost forgot. Y/N these are my sisters, Eliza and Peggy. Eliza, Peggy, this is Y/N."

Eliza smiled sweetly at Y/N, giving Y/N an unexpected hug. "It's great to meet you."

Peggy examined Y/N, before giving a small nod. "Yeah, nice to meet you."

When Eliza released Y/N from the hug, Y/N laughed quietly. "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you all."

Y/N spent some time with the Schuyler sisters in town. They asked a few questions about her home and family, but quickly realized she didn't want to talk about. Angelica moved on to other topics like Thomas Paine and his thoughts on the revolution. Eliza began talking about the Winter's Ball coming up, and the young revolutionaries that would be there.

"Say, will you be at the Ball?" Eliza asked Y/N curiously.

Y/N frowned, and shook her head. "Well, no. I don't think so. I don't have the right wardrobe for the event..."

"Nonsense!" Angelica exclaimed with a wave of her hand. "You're coming with us! It's not for another month, so we'll have time to get a dress made for you."

Before Y/N could respond, she heard a familiar voice addressing the crowd, and she let out a deep sigh.

"Don't modulate the key then not debate with me!" Yelled Alexander, she could hear him from a few blocks away.
Y/N turned back to the sisters, giving them a small smile.

"It was wonderful running into you guys." Y/N wrote her new address on a piece of paper and handed it to Angelica. "That's my address, call for me when you want to go shopping for a dress for the ball. I have to go take care of something."

Angelica took the paper from Y/N with a smile. "I hope to see you soon, Y/N, bye!"

Y/N waved a goodbye to the sisters, hiking up her dress and following the sound of her brother's voice. It wasn't long until she found him arguing with another man in the square. Y/N sighed and shook her head at his antics. A man interrupted the two, pulling Alexander away from the man. A man in a red coat approached Y/N while she was watching her brother.