Chapter One

I usually write out my whole story and then I publish it chapter by chapter, but I decided to update it as I write it and see how long I'll last.
Criticism will be loved with a spoonful of sugar!

.:.

As the sun poured in through thin laced curtains, Tom rattled his brain to think about last night. He was currently sitting up in bed, hunched over the side, with a massive headache that told him wordlessly of how much alcohol he consumed. Apparently a lot.

Tom had a problem. A drinking problem to be exact.

If anything ever proved to be trivial and against what he wanted, Tom would throw himself into booze and let his mind shut off after one too many drinks. It used to be a habit that could've been easily taken care of - something so simple that it would be a walk in the park to quit cold turkey and that'd be the end of it - but it started to escalate. It became a problem when Tom would black out every night of the week, getting drunk and wrecking havoc wherever he went.

It happened at a young age too, around his college years where he had more friends than he could count on his fingers and toes. But that all went to waste when he became someone that no longer was loved by any normal friends, causing him to quit college almost as fast as it would have been to quit drinking if he had done it sooner.

Now, Tom lives in a house, unemployed, with a misfit gang of friends that took him under their wings and accepted his eyeless sockets and drunk habits warmly. Although he still caused problems with his alcohol consumption, they were patient and loving and he was allowed to call them his best friends.

Well, Edd and Matt were his best friends and roommates. Tord was another story.

Tord was just like all the rest of Tom's old friends. Hating him for his mistakes and judging him for continuing to make them, pushing down his ego and spirit whenever the chance came. Of course, he's making it sound far too dramatic than it actually is, but that's only because the raging headache is increasing.

Tom decides this is a good opportunity to go to the kitchen to retrieve water and pain killers. He also reminds himself to buy pain killers to keep personally in his bedroom for mornings like these.

He makes his way through his mess of a bedroom and pushes open the door, bringing bright light into his line of sight. He squinted, unable to see too clearly, the pounding in his head only getting worse the longer he let the light shine into his sockets.

Born from pineapple and bowling ball parents, a Romeo & Juliet romance story of the century, Tom has learned that he had some weird qualities that normal kids would not have. Such as, no eyes. Yes, this quality was probably the most noticeable. Tom's sure that there are other things about him that makes him different, but the only things he can think of is his gravity defying hair that sticks up constantly and not being in possession of eyes. But that's it.

Tom made his way down the hallway and saw his three roommates sitting in the living room, watching tv.

Matt, as usual, sported a happy expression while watching what was on TV (The show was about some kind of group of kids that defeated evil with house furniture and appliances - seriously, who comes up with these shows?).

What caught Tom's attention was Edd trying to calm down Tord by shushing him and, what appears to be, telling him reassuring things.