Suddenly, she stopped running, and fired laser blasts at you. Even though you were surprised, you dodged with ease. You looked at her.

"Lena, what are you doing?" You hoped she would respond.

But she didn't. She just stood there, staring at you for a minute. The look on her face wasn't friendly anymore, either. It was... anger.

"Why are you wearing that?" She finally asked.

"What?" You replied.

"Why are you wearing a Talon uniform?" She demanded.

Panic.

"No, it's not what it looks like -" You tried to approach her.

She pointed her gun directly at your forehead.

"You're not injured at all," she commented.

"Yeah, funny story, they were actually really nice to me -"

"NICE to you?!" She fast approached you. You backed up against the wall. She stared you down.

"I see what happened," she murmured. "You saw an opportunity. You were never on our side, were you?"

"No, Lena, it's not like that!" You pleaded with her.

"Then why are you here? Not only alive and well, but you say that Talon - the ENEMY - has been NICE to you?!" She paused. "That seems an awful lot like a betrayal story to me."

Her gun began to hum, signaling that she was about to fire.

"Please," you begged. "Don't do this."

"I have to," she stated. There was no going back now.

A bullet lodged itself in the ground right beside Lena. She stepped back, and you reflexively ducked to the ground. When you looked up, Lena was blinking away as fast as she could.

"Lena!" You called out to her. Nothing. You sank to the ground, tears rolling down your cheeks. "Don't leave me here," you whispered, somehow hoping she would hear.

You collapsed on the ground of the hangar, helpless. The clacking of heels began to enter your ears, and as you looked up, you saw her.

It was Amelie, her rifle primed and ready for the kill.

Panic.

She gently knelt down beside you, and hugged you. She looked at you with an almost kind expression. The trust you had felt before the capture was back. She was going to cover for you. Everything was going to be okay.

"It's good to see you," you whispered.

"Likewise," she responded. "But, cherie... why would you run away?"

Panic.

"Running away? What are you talking about? I was just-"

"Running towards one of your oldest friends in order to escape a deadly situation." Her eyes and her voice became cold.

"But it's Lena!" You stated, denying what had just happened.  "Don't you remember her? Weren't you-"

"I do remember her," she said, disgust in her voice. "I also remember how she betrayed me and left me for dead when I was abducted," She put her hand on your chest. "And now she has just done the same to you."

This confused you.

"No, she didn't. She came here to rescue me - to rescue us!"

"Cherie, I saw what happened. As soon as I saved you, she just left. She abandoned you."

You couldn't process it. Part of you wanted to say that Lena wouldn't do that, but after what just happened...

An overwhelming amount of emotion surged through you, and you began to cry. Gasping loudly, you hugged Amelie. She stroked your head gently, shushing you.

"It's all right, cherie, it's all right," she cooed. She looked you in the eye. "Overwatch may have rejected you, betrayed you, but I won't. Never."

She was right. After all this, she had come to save you and comfort you in your hour of need.

"Go back to your room," she suggested, "I'll meet you there."

You nodded, letting go of her and standing up. You began to walk slowly back to your room.

Amelie stood there for a while, waiting for you to go back inside. When you did, her smile faded. She turned around, and... Lena had appeared! Reaper was standing beside her.

"Well, what a performance," Amelie commented.

"It was necessary, amiga." She snapped her fingers and the electronic facial disguise deactivated, revealing her true face. It was Sombra!

"Are you certain that Y/n would make a good addition to our team?" Reaper questioned.

Amelie looked him in the eye.

"After what just happened, they won't betray us again." She confirmed.

"I hope, for their sake and yours, that you're right." Reaper threatened. He turned and walked away.

Sombra chuckled after he had left.

"Always so dramatic, isn't he?" She turned to look at Amelie.

"Are you crying, araña?"

"Hmm?" Amelie looked at her, then wiped the tear away.

"You're not actually developing feelings towards the poor kid, are you?" Sombra asked with a smile.

"Don't be ridiculous," Amelie scoffed. Sombra studied her for a moment, then shrugged and walked away.

Amelie lingered for a moment, looking off in the distance. She was, of course, lying. But she couldn't show it.

"Please forgive me, Y/n," she whispered. "This was for your own good."

With that, she turned and walked away.

-🕷-

A/n: In the original draft, Lena was just a hologram. I decided to change it so Sombra could have a more active role in the story. Plus, a fun show of futuristic tech, and a way to emphasize the fact that Talon is always lying to get what they want.

Thank you so much for reading! Keep an eye out for the next chapter, and I'll see you then!

Widowmaker, Overwatch, and all the characters belong to Blizzard Entertainment. You, the reader, belong to you.