that night, you were just laying down on the bed, it was already 12am but you were still wide awake. in the end, after many toss and turns, you decided to take a walk.

you put on your pink hoodie and sweats before heading out of the door. while waiting for the lift, you checked to ensure your phone, wallet and necessities was with you.

ding.

you were about to step into the lift when someone stepped out. a black haired alpaca.

"youngmin oppa?"

he smiled, "finally, i am able to see you without you trying to avoid me."

"I-i'm not–"

"if you're not, you won't mind me following you where you wanna go, will you?"

you gave it a thought.

"okay." you sighed.

***
both of you ended up walking at the park near your blocks, in silence. it wasn't uncomfortable but it wasn't exactly that comfortable either.

"so, you wanna explain why you are avoiding me?" youngmin started.

"I wasn't." you replied, heart beating fast because you guys were standing so damn close that your hands would brush against each other at times.

"really? but I messaged, called you many times, you didn't reply to any of them."

"there was finals..."

"girl, if you wanna lie, do it smartly, because I messaged and called you after your finals."

you stayed silent because you couldn't come up with anything else.

"did i do something wrong?" youngmin stopped in his tracks, his voice showed a hint of sadness.

"no! you didn't, it's just me..."

you sighed, "i was just bothered, and upset..."

"about what?"

"hyeri..." you said softly.

"what?"

"I said hyeri and you." you said a little louder this time. you looked away and started walking away from him as well.

you heard footsteps walking towards you, and unconsciously you sped up your pace. that is until hands grabbed onto your arm and youngmin was right in front of you again.

"what do you mean by that?"

you look down at your feet.

"please look at me, (y/n)."

you felt a lump forming in your throat. your eyes slowly lifted, only to be met with a pair of orbs gazing into yours.

"I like you. that's why i'm unhappy and upset the past few days. because i know i have to stop liking you, and also the fact that you'll never feel the same way." your eyes started to sting.

it was silent for at least a minute or so before he spoke.

"don't stop liking me." he said, determination in his voice.

"how can i not stop? you already have a girlfriend, for christ sake." you struggled from his grip but he tightened it. he eventually pulled you into his embrace.

more tears flowed, "oppa, please don't make this hard for me." you sobbed.

"I don't have a girlfriend."

"don't lie. you already have hyeri."

"she's not my girlfriend. well, not anymore. she is my ex. I haven't seen her in a while until that day. I broke up with her but, I guess she doesn't seem to accept it. but I already talked it out with her though, I told her I liked someone else." his voice that went passed your ear, tickled you.

"still, you have someone else you like, meaning that I should stop."

"silly, should I tell you who I like?" youngmin pulled back and you stared at him in disbelief.

"ah, why would you hurt me even further?" you complained.

youngmin smiled, and his face went close to yours, you wanted to move back but youngmin's hand moved to the back of your head to prevent you from doing so.

"because the person I like is (y/n)."

you stared at him blankly, "eh?"

he chuckled, "cute."

and before you know it, his lips was on yours. you could taste the saltiness of your tears and yet the sweetness of his lips. you savored the moment, but more tears were flowing again, this time out of happiness.

youngmin pulled away, smiling. he used his thumb to wipe away your tears, "ah, why are you crying even more?"

youngmin pulled you into his embrace and leaned your head against his shoulder. your arms automatically just wrapped around his waist as you continued sobbing.

"I never thought it would ended up like this, it feels like a dream." you responded.

"but you felt my lips earlier on didn't you?" you could hear the tease in his voice. you nodded, feeling your cheeks getting hot.

"then you'll know it's not a dream. if you are still worried then,"

youngmin cupped your cheeks and place a kiss on your forehead. he looked into your eyes and asked, "real right?"

you couldn't help but smile and nod.

"now that this is cleared up, you won't avoid me anymore, will you?" youngmin lightly pinched your cheeks.

"i won't, oppa." your voice sounded thick from all the crying.

"that's my baby girl." youngmin proceeded to slip his hands into yours. your cheeks becoming flushed from both the new nickname and his slender fingers between yours.

"let's go home." youngmin pulled you along, and for the first time since that incident, you truly felt happy.