High School Life (Essay)

by katenicooole

All Rights Reserved. 2014

A/N: Pasintabi sa mga grammatical errors. I wrote this essay when I was, I think, 15 years old. So...

-

For the past four years which I became a high school student, I did not expect the unexpected. I thought of having bigger responsibilities, more complicated projects, difficult homeworks and so on. And yes it's true. I've experienced a lot of time-sacrificing, brain-drying activities, and yet we, as a section, survived all these stuffs.

High school is way too different than elementary, and I know who's currently reading this would probably agree with me, would you? Many things had changed, and I'm not used to those changes. I tried to be more accustomed to the abrupt transformation of things and I did adapt into it.

I had ups and downs. But mostly, I had easy times. I didn't even care about the deadlines here and there. I will cherish those moments when I skipped some subjects because I got bored in class. I just wanted to sit down on benches and trip on corridors. The way I sang loudly at hallways with my crooked friends. The times we dared each other to do some crazy stuffs like begging some money from other people as if like we are beggars.

The unforgettable Juniors-Seniors Promenade, the butterflies bugging in my stomach whenever my partner and I danced as the music plays for us. The way he waltzed as if like he was my prince. The time slowed down and I cared nothing but him and the dance. I told myself to indulge every second of it because as other people say, "It's once in a lifetime." It was all worthwhile, despite my aching toes and blisters because of the heels.

At serious times, I am not serious. I just study and read my notes when needed. Sometimes, I don't give attention on my lessons. Most of the time, I came to school just to see my friends and to have some quality time together. And I knew I was wrong. My parents work hard for me but I didn't exert such effort to do my best. But that's high school life is. To trip on, to be cracked, to be playful.
I'm still being nostalgic with my high school days. Whenever I reminisce, it shoves the loneliness inside me. I can feel my stomach's twitching when I think about them—my former classmates. The longing, the urge to see their faces and do some of the craziest stuffs in the world with them. That was possible, before. But I'm afraid it is impossible now. Seeing them being grateful for their new peers and enjoying one's company made it more hopeless to bring the bond between us that once held us together. Yet, I have to take it and be happy for them. Perhaps one day, we'll bring out the insanity within us.

High school life made me learn from my mistakes. Learn on how to strive harder on my studies. Taught me not to become coward at difficult times, instead, be brave enough to reach the peak.

-

Author's Note:

Credits would be a big deal to me.

Today: April 04, 2014

-

Also check my other stories:

Love Letters

Feelings Buried Alive

Love and Everything Nice

The Clock Strikes