Chapter 1. Meet The Family

Start from the beginning

Mr. Jackson leans in close and whispers, "If she gives you any trouble, make sure you come to me."

I smile. "Noted."

"I gotta get to work. Catch you at dinner." He fixes his tie into place making sure it's right down the middle.

"Okay Mr- da- Jackson.

He smiles and walks down the stairs.

"Incoming!"

I turn around and find Jonah and Gabe with roller skates, skating down the hall.

"Move!" They both said at the same time.

"Armari, do you know where my sunglasses are?" I look to my left and Brella has a confused expression on her face. She gasps and points in front of her.

"Watch out!"

I turn around and Gabe and Jonah knocks me down onto the floor. Pain floods through my head as Jonah and Gabe stands up.

"We said move, are you deaf?" Jonah says.

"Yeah are you deaf?" Gabe says copying Jonah.

Meet the twins. Same blonde hair, blue eyes, and a big nose. Jonah is oldest by a minute. Typical freshmans thinking they're high and mighty, because they have daddy's last name.

"Well I'm sorry I got distracted," I say as I help myself up.

"So your blaming this on me now?" Brella says.

This is Brella. Brown hair with green eyes. She's really pertty and a size two, and takes fashion very seriously. She even has her own clothing line and not because she has daddy's last name, she made it happen. She's not better than the others but she's definitely different than the others.

"Did I say I was blaming you?" I say with a slick attitude. "Wait, don't answer that."

I walk down the hall and find my room right next to Callie's. I knock on her door hoping she'll answer it. The door opens and Callie has a towel wrapped around her, while the water on her wet pink and black curly hair is dripping down her back.

"What the hell do you want?" Callie says.

I cross my arms. "Brella wants her sunglasses back."

She goes to her counter looking for the sunglasses. I can't help it but look at the poster she has hanged up her wall. It's the band Skrillex ,with a signed signature at the bottom of the poster. I take a look around and it's mostly dark. This is Callie. Quiet but rude. She mostly has headphones in, and do not talk to her unless it's a medical emergency. I think she smokes too.

She walks back to me with a pair of gold sunglasses.

"Here." She hands me the sunglasses and slams the door in my face.

I sigh and go back to my room. My room is a good size and the biggest room I've ever had. I have a queen sized bed, with a bathroom, and a walk in closet. A desk by the left side of my bed with an apple laptop. A large mirror and a 63 inch TV. I'm very blessed with what I've got. My mom told me to stop dreaming because it will never happen. Well I guess she was wrong. I go to my closet and grab my only pair of white shoes, and put it on. I look into the mirror and admire my thick, long, brown curlly hair. I'm wearing a sweater that says LOVE across the middle, with white jeans. I look at my mixed skin thinking about how people are going to react at school. A colored girl adopted into a white family. I grab my backpack on the bed and sigh. New school, new environment. I open my door and walk outside the room, and down the hall. I walk down the stairs and notice it's too quiet. Where is everyone? I walk down the hall from where my bedroom is and take a right. I walk down the stairs reaching the bottom but notice that the kitchen is supposed to be on the left of me. Wait what? I look around the area noticing that there's more and more wooden doors down the hall.