She can't still be in college, the kind of maturity in her face is definitely different from that of the ones having the time of their lives or stressing themselves out in their studies. I know, I've been there.

It took a long time but I still replied, "If you mean the whole Ensorcel Toy Shop, it's been that way for sixty-eight years. Before that, it's a normal apartment."

"Ensorcel," she repeated, the side of her lips slowly pulling up. The lady turned around and took one of the nineties baby dolls. She walked towards me and placed it on the counter. "Magical."

"Yes, it was sort of named that way in my grandfather's preference," I said, leaving details although not too much. "Would you like to buy this one?"

I looked at the doll, seated on the counter with a wide smile on its face. Cherub cheeks and green eyes with dark brown hair ponytailed in either side, curls and all. It has this tiny dress that looks like an old school uniform, white collar, a red ribbon at the chest and the rest looking like a checkered blazer.

"Yeah, do you take credit cards?"

I nodded, "Lucky for you, yes. Is this all?"

"Yeah, I don't think I could afford much more of these," she said in a rather disappointed tone. "Do you have any playing cards?"

I flashed her a smirk upon stumbling a certain memory. "I believe there are a few decks at the back," I replied, pointing to the archway to the adjoined room behind me.

"Okay, thanks." She skipped her way excitedly to the other room. She should probably stop doing that as the contents of the other room are all a bit fragile and not for the clumsy hands.

Thunder rumbled overhead although I believe it isn't as loud as it is heard outside, this place being so closed and all had almost served as a soundproof haven. Of course, not fully as most can still be heard outside. Although thankfully, the car groans and honks all come out only as tiny noises that can easily be blocked out by the ticking of the clocks behind me.

I looked down on my book, Northanger Abbey, still deciding on whether I should continue it or not. I recall, I'm still on the fourth chapter so at most, not at the very exciting part. Plus, I do have a customer inside so I couldn't just procrastinate. . . not at this strange moment.

As I quietly decide on what I should do, I heard a yelp from the other room and a loud crashing noise. Well, this isn't the first time it happened so I calmly got off the stool and made my to the other room.

Dimly-lit it was. The windows could barely give enough light from the outside. Yet, I knew where she was immediately, seeing as she's holding her cellphone for the flashlight.

I looked over to the light switch beside me and turned the fluorescent on. Amusement could almost strike as she landed on the most dangerous place to lang. . . the sticky cushion and there are loads of broken pieces of glass at her feet.

I walked towards her, pursing my lips with my hands in my pocket. "You forgot to turn the lights on."

She laughed, "So I noticed." She started to stand up, which wasn't the best thing at the moment.

"Wait, don't you—"

"Ow!" She yelled. Too late, then. I couldn't do much about her bleeding hands at the moment.

"Shouldn't have done that," I muttered, seeing as there's too much broken glass around her, it isn't the safest thing to use your hands to stand up.

"I know," she whispered and leaned her head back.

"You've just fell to the most unfortunate place, because you see, that, is a sticky cushion made in the eighties alongside the waterbeds. It didn't sell much, though, in fact it had only existed one year," I said, giving a background on what she is seated on.

"Sticky cushion?" She raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean by that?"

"It means," I trailed, trying to think of a way to put it in the nicest possible way. "If you stand up unevenly, say, the way you've done earlier, it should stick with you until you stand up so you have to be careful not to put your whole weight in just one centre."

"Oh my God," she mumbled and the light flickered a bit. I reckon I forgot to change the light.

"It's alright." I blinked for three or four times before I sighed. I hope she's not uncomfortable with it. I kicked the pieces of glass gently out of the way as I took slow steps toward her.

I leaned towards the blonde lady, outstretching my left arm over to the wall for balance. "Okay, you should. . . put your arm over. . ."

Her eyebrows met, "Are you sure?"

Does it look like I'm not?

Seeing as her face is just a few inches away from mine, I know it wouldn't seem like I'm unsure of helping her out.

"Go ahead," I said, granting her permission even though she doesn't need that.

I felt her right arm over my neck. The skin to skin contact felt a bit foreign to me, especially that her skin is a bit too warm. It didn't distract me from what I was doing though. I slowly put my arm around her waist, leisurely taking my time to be very cautious.

I lifted her up, the cushion tearing itself off from being stuck on her coat. I kept my eyes on that, of course. As she's thin and helping me with her weight, she didn't feel so heavy. In fact, she was very light, much lighter than I've expected. I settled her down on the part of the floor free from the glass.

The lights flickered off at the very same moment so I couldn't move from where I was.

A bit too close to her, if I may say so, myself. Add the fact that she never bothered to remove her arm over my neck whereas I have my hands back in my pockets.

I would tell her to get off, only, I've got myself wondering when was the last time I've came on a close contact with a girl in my shop. . . it's almost never. It was actually never.

Her scent was that of the rain, a bit like mildew and lilacs though I haven't the foggiest if that's a real thing, it's a bit contrasting. Rain and spring.

I could not focus on anything else, just her scent and having her a bit too close. As I've said, the room is quite dark and I could not see what I'm stepping on. I'd rather not, the soles of my leather shoes right now are both a bit worn out.

Tick-tock and raindrops, lights off with someone I haven't met enough. . .

This is a rather strange feeling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's ♪

Okay, DP22 is writing again!

This isn't a dark story like I thought I would write but I hope you guys like it. I'll try my best to update every week. . . And uh, I just really hope you guys enjoy this.

Stay awesome!!!! 😁😚😄😅

~DP22