chapter 19 - Broken Glass

Start from the beginning

"Well, he had a lot of interesting things to say," Stacie told them. "Most of which was chewing my head off for not calling him sooner." Scott and Tara nodded as if they had expected that. "But he was more lenient, because he was also keeping something from us."

"Like what?" Tara asked.

"Well, Tara, like how your brother slash my boyfriend is wanted by the FBI for mass murder," Stacie answered.

Tara nodded. "Derek's wanted for murder. Again. Why doesn't that surprise me?"

Scott chuckled. "Why this time?"

"Because Kate is a nasty little slut that likes to frame people for murders that she commits," Stacie answered.

Scott and Tara both chuckled in amusement and surprise by how bluntly Stacie said that.

¤•¤°¤•¤

Flashback

Cabeceiras, Brazil

Day - Warehouse - Outside

Derek Hale slowly approached the warehouse.

Stacie: (voice over) "They found twelve bodies."

Derek came across a number of bloody, dead bodies inside a damanged, partially burned shed outside the warehouse. From the claws visible on the victims, it was apparent they were  Werewolves.

Stacie: (voice over) "No identities, no suspects, no clues."

Derek walked around the crime scene, touching what appeared to be letters written in blood on the corrugated metal wall. He clenched his fist, and black fur started to grow from his skin.

Stacie: (voice over) "They started an investigation, bringing in every available man to find the killers. But they weren't the only ones looking."

¤•¤°¤•¤

Inside

A number of heavily armed men were stacking crates of guns in a bullet-riddled and rundown warehouse. There were a number of cars parked inside, covered with tarps. A door opened. The man on guard went to investigate. He was suddenly knocked down, unconscious. Hearing the commotion, another of the men went to look. One by one, the men were took out by the black wolf that Derek could turn into after he had evolved in 4.12 Smoke and Mirrors.

Stacie: (voice over) "Someone very angry, coming in broad daylight, attacking in silence, moving with impossible speed, teeth sharp as razors, incredible strength, and that his eyes glowed."

The last man standing was trying to fire at Derek with his gun. Derek pushed him in the chest hard, making him fall.

¤•¤°¤•¤

Now

Night - On the Road - Tara's Camaro

Tara was driving. Scott was in the driver's seat.

Stacie was in the backseat. "They all say they believe in Werewolves." She smirked. "I believe... in Derek Hale."

¤•¤°¤•¤

Flashback