27. Fucked Up Heart

Start from the beginning

She was alone. Sitting quietly in her room, with her door closed and locked. And every second, her now blue and black hair would always fall in her face and cover her brown eyes. It was eerie to hear her clock ticking. It was crazy to realize that's how silent it was.

Finally, she huffed and gently stood up, walking towards her desk and plopping herself down on her chair. She laid the Ziplock first down and quickly took the two tablets of Xanax into her mouth and rested it on her tongue. Her heart quickly started to beat and the motion of her shaking hands became faster.

Soon, she felt okay. She gulped it down and sighed, then looking down at the bag filled with the powder, screaming her name, ushering her to slowly unzip the bag and gently shake it down onto the table.

She slowly picked up the credit card, and took a deep breath. With her every shaking move, she tried at the best of her ability to make the powder into four little thin lines, and her vision was blurry and her head was pounding.

Finally, she sat up and sighed, staring down at the four lines sitting on her table and dropped the credit card down.

Where was Josh you may ask? Well, he was out. Somewhere. He knows how hard Melanie's been taking this with Tyler in prison, and even though she didn't really know Jenna, her being missing.

At first, she wasn't really that surprised he was in prison. Really. She's surprised they haven't caught him before.

Why isn't she in there with him, too?

---

Melanie: Hey, I figured since we know where Tyler is, and we miss him so much, I think it'll be nice to visit him.

Josh: Are you serious? Can I come?

Melanie: No Josh, stay. I need to see him.

Josh: He's my best friend. I need to see him, too.

Melanie: He's.. ours. But I'm a mess, and I've known him way longer. Please just let me go alone. I love you way too much but there's too many things you don't know that I need to say with Tyler.

Josh: Tell me whenever you're ready.

Melanie: Will do. I'm in my mom's car right now, and she has no idea.

Josh: I love you. Stay safe. And tell me how he's doing.

---

"Joseph."

Tyler quickly looked up while he was sitting on his bed at the guard.
"You have a visitor."

He slowly glanced around awkwardly, then back at the officer standing at his cell.
"Me? Someone's seeing me?"

"Yeah. Two. They say they know you."

Josh and Melanie? He thought.
He shook his head. No way.

"Are you coming or not?"

He quickly stood up, brushed off his pants, gently fixed his hair, and sharply inhaled. "Um.. yeah. I'm just a little.. surprised. I wasn't expecting a visitor."

"No one does, Joseph." He sighs while he unlocks Tyler's cell and the boy walks out and steps in front of the guard.

He uncuffs Tyler and he gently rubs his wrists. Together, they walk to the parent-teacher conference cell, what Tyler and Melanie ironically call it, and Mr. Guard Man opens the door for him.

He gasps when he sees who's waiting behind the screen.

With his eyes wide, he slowly walks over to the chair, and the person has a sly smirk on their face, with the phone held to their ear.