Chapter Nineteen.

Start from the beginning

'Adorable.'

Her brows were knitted in worry, face crumpling down in a matter of milliseconds. "W-what? It's not good? I must have missed something. Is it the syrup? I can–"

"Sana, Sana. Dear Sana," Jimin laughed as soon as he swallowed the whole bite, resulting in Sana shutting up immediately. "It's so good I could die, literally. I was just messing around." He broke into another fit of loud laughter when her mouth hung open.

Almost on instincts, she slapped his arm a couple of times, though not as hard. "That wasn't funny! I thought you were allergic or that it was really really bad. I hate you!"

"But it is funny. You looked like you had seen a ghost, to be honest," he managed to say between his laughter, still shielding himself from her feeble smacks.

"You're so mean," she muttered, and almost instantly, he took ahold of her extended hand, grabbing her wrists gently.

Completely ignoring the louder than necessary 'lub-dub' inside his chest, he smiled softly, watching her face go amusedly from annoyed to almost surprised, and then relaxed.

"You should know you're good at everything, there's nothing to worry about. Perfect, almost perfect," his voice was merely above a whisper, eyes unwavering as he looked deep into her eyes, wanting to look in so much further, into her soul, her mind, striving to find answers to a million questions bottled inside him.

"Yeah?" She breathed out shakier than normal as he leaned in a tad bit closer. "Yeah, believe me," his voice was far different from his usual voice, suddenly so many octaves deeper.

"I d-do."

He watched her gulp hardly, throat clicking as he looked back into her eyes.

He could swear that he wanted to stay in that moment forever, even so begging her to stay, stay, stay. The slight pink dusting her cheeks, soft and smooth, so delicate that he thought her skin might break if he touched, like a petal.

He wanted to stay.

Things, however, never go as planned, unfortunately.

Moving her hand from the utterly uncomfortable position, she slid her arm across the countertop, only resulting in the plate sliding to the edge, falling down with a loud noise, loud enough from them to jump out of their seats, glass shattering and scattering everywhere.

"O-oh my God. I'm so sorry, I'm so–" she paused to stare horridly at the glass, partially to take in everything that happened in such a short time. "I'm gonna clean this up," she muttered, voice heavy and uneasy. She walked around the counter, crouching down to pick up the shattered glass pieces.

Jimin sighed and walked towards her, stopping her from picking up the glass with bare hands. "You're gonna hurt yourself. It's okay, I got it," he spoke softly, trying not to scare her away.

Sana blinked and looked up at him, nodding hesitantly. Standing up from her crouched position, she nodded once again, heaving a deep breath. "I'm gonna go to my room, take a shower." Her voice was unstable, so were her legs, because as soon as she took a step forward, her knees buckled and if it weren't for Jimin quickly holding her up, she would've ended up accompanying the shattered plate on the ground, ever so gracefully.