Chapter 13-Dinner

Start from the beginning

"Let me see here . . ."  Stopping in front of a row of Black pumps. "I love these sexy red Christian Louboutin's. Just look at the matching red-lacquered soles. They scream sex! These will most definitely do, if I don't say so myself!" He exclaims, swiping them off their perched position on the shelf and carries them to her by the stiletto heel. "Slip these beauties on and let's get this show started."

Jasmine does as he instructs quite reluctantly. "Don't you think I'm flashing too much skin? I feel naked.  I mean look at the back of this dress!"

"Girl, that's the whole point! Men die when they see something they can't have!" He said, gesturing with his hands at her body. "You're going to kill him slowly and let him burn like an over baked calzone. If he doesn't burn, he's never gonna learn.   Trust me, I'm the expert remember? Every pair of straight eyes is going to eye fück the hell outta you!"

The prospect didn't particularly displease her, however she wasn't sure how she felt about drawing attention to herself as she stood by and admired by hungry looking men.  Becoming a distraction was part of the plan, but attracting others was not apart of hers. 

She was juggling enough problems as it is.

"This dress is too much. I'd hate to attract unnecessary attention." She says, gesturing to her body.

"The hell you ain't!  You're going to wear it and that's a fücking order.  We don't want Russo to just notice you, we want him to remember how you looked tonight every time he closes his eyes!  He's gonna stare at you no matter what you wear, lets make it worth his while. . .shall we?"

"How reassuring." Replying dryly. Taking one last glance at the mirror and fixing her hair in place she says, "Please make sure you act like a refined gentleman at all times, Sammy, and stay by my side. And please, please don't order a martini. . .  Order something stronger. . .or should I say, less girly."  She says over her shoulder, grabbed her clutch and started to leave her closet, heading to her bedroom door, Sammy following. 

"Don't you worry about me, girl.  I got this."  Sammy rubbed his hands together in anticipation.  "Everything will go according to plan."

Finally, they pull up to the restaurant Cristiano booked. It was an uptight French bistro with rooftop seating that overlooked the skyline of the city.  It provided a very romantic, comfortable backdrop for couples wanting privacy. 

They walked through a large dining room with a grand piano, then through a sliding door to the rooftop pool. Tables outlined the pool with soft lanterns swaying in the light breeze that cool evening. Now that summer was over, a chill lingered in the air as the sun was setting in the distance and made it feel colder, chilling her skin and making her instantly regretting wearing such a skimpy dress.

Nervously, Jasmine walked along the edge holding on to Sammy's proffered arm as they were led by the host to their table. As they got closer, Cristiano come into view with his fiancée. Her heart gave a strange thump. 

She found it odd to find them both on their phones instead of engaging in conversation like most couples. Cristiano's fiancée appeared to be scrolling through her phone, deep in concentration while he was on his, talking to someone. They weren't acting like a typical, in-love, engaged couple.

Thinking back to the day in the park, she recalled the woman had showed some affection whereas Cristinao repelled it, barely showing any sign of it. Even now as she witnessed them side by side. They were together but not really together. It was hard for her to explain. They appeared like a pair of mutual acquaintances and not in love. They were too withdrawn from one other.