chapter one: i'm missing a party, not getting pregnant

Start from the beginning

"Your brothers really love you, Jackie." Lydia laughs and shakes her head.

"They do, don't they?" I reply sarcastically. "Drive me to the airport?"

She sighs but picks her keys up from my desk and nods. "Come on."

I slip on my flip-flops and drag my suitcase behind me with the wheels rolling on the hardwood floor. I follow behind her down the stairs and tell her to wait a minute so I can say bye to my family who I assume is in the living room. I pass through the kitchen where I smell my mom's homemade chocolate chip cookies cooking and I instantly want to stay home. My mom is a goddess when it comes to baking.

I approach the living room and find all of my brothers including Derek and his fiance Lauren snuggled on the couches indulging in what I assume is Chance's pick of the movie, The Lion King. Chance is in a daze as he sits a foot away from the T.V his glassy blue eyes staring up at the screen in awe. Freddy and Sully are silently arguing over the popcorn and Lucas is typing away on his phone. Ricky is asleep. Who would've guessed? My mom and dad, being the lovey-dovey couple they are, are resting against each other and watching their children and the movie simultaneously.

"Hey guys, I'm leaving for the airport now!" I announce and wait for the stampede that is my family.

Chance is the first up and running and he clings his lottle arms around my legs and squeezes. "Don't leave!" He yells. He pulls back a little bit and looks up at me. "Wait, where are you going?"

I laugh and ruffle his blonde waves. "I'm going to Andrea's for the weekend. I'll be back Sunday, Bud."

He groans and pushes away from me and walks back to me engrossed into his movie.

"Bye sis. Have fun waltzing around with no one at that ball." Ricky teases and shoves me.

"You are so rude to me!" i yell back.

"It's what I live for!"

I roll my eyes and face forward and hug Derek and Lauren. They wish me a safe flight and to have fun. Lucas gives me a quick goodbye since he's rushing to go somewhere. The twins fight over who gets to say bye to me first but Brian just walks right up and gives me a hug whispering a goodbye. Ugh, he's so sweet for his age. Girls are going to love that kid.

"I wanted to say bye first but SOMEONE is blackmailing me," Freddy huffs as Sully triumphantly hugs me with a victorious smile on his face.

I laugh and move on to hug Freddy.

"Bye honey," my mom says squeezing the life out of me.

"Have a safe trip and call us when you're taking off and landing." dad reminds me kissing.

"I will. I love you guys!" i call rushing out the door with Lydia.

"I love your family." Lydia says opening the car door and getting in.

"So do I."

Ten minutes we're pulling into the busy airport parking lot. Andrea has texted me multiple times saying she's so bored and her birthday is going to suck without me. Boy, is she going to be surprised.

Lydia and I get out of the car and she helps me with my bags as we walk up to the front desk to retrieve my boarding pass. The lady hands it to me with a bright smile wishing me a good flight.

"I'm going to call you if Jax says anything about you." Lydia informs me.

I turn to her. "I'm going to be gone two days. It's just two days. I think you'll survive."

She sighs dramatically and hugs me tight. "Be safe and tell me if Idaho boys are hot."

"Calabasas isn't enough for you?"