I moved the heavy chains slowly and rubbed at the thick line which remained red denting my skin.  I stood up, cracking my back hearing the cracks in several places.  I balanced myself against the wall behind me, looking down on the numb body.  His eyes were still open, staring at me in utter revenge.  I walked over him, stepping in between his arms and head. Taking two more steps ahead of him I turned back to look at his soulless figure. I spat on his unworthy body, leaving him to rot. 

The feeling of knowing a serial killer was dead, that he could not hurt me or any other child ever again was overwhelming.

I held onto the keys in case they came in use. Kicking the plate of food out of the way, I made my way through the door, a large hallway with an exit appeared in front of me. I ran down it, trying to work the muscles in my legs.  This hallway seemed never ending.  I finally reached the doorway, but it was sealed.

 Reaching for the keys in my pocket, I tried the third of the five keys.  Looks like the keys went in order of the doors, considering this was door number three, it opened without me having to apply force onto it.  As I pressured down the brass handle, the door swung open, revealing the most utterly disgusting lavatory.  I placed my hand on my mouth and nose, trying to prevent me breathing in any odours.  I didn’t want to be sick, because if I was sick, I would have to go to the toilet or the sink; which both were covered in moss and stains. I hurried to the next door in front of me which too was locked.  I entered the key and hastily unlocked the door, trying to get to whatever was on the other side. A boy, head tucked in legs, with hands on his ears appeared shivering on the rough ground. 

“Don’t hurt me, don’t hurt me-“ he repeated over and over whilst rocking back and forth. 

“I’m not going to hurt-“ he cut me off.

“Dan?” the boy looked up at me, he had cuts and bruises scattered all over him and I most definetly remember them bright green eyes. Them comforting eyes which put me at ease.

“Sammy? But- How? They, they– HE said you were dead!” I exclaimed,

“And you believe that greasy haired freak!? How did you even get here!? He’s going to find you. Go back, go back! Hide NOW!”

This was all like a car crash. I placed my hand on his shoulder, trying to ease him as he winced, “Sammy listen to me! STOP” I tried getting a word in, “He’s dead!” the shouting morphed into a silence and his head tilted upward.

“He’s… what?”

“Dead.” I answered. “We need to go now.” I said, kneeling down at his chains. I picked the key I used to unlock my chains. It turned perfectly as the chains parted. Sammy sat in astonishment. He stared at his swollen ankles, where a white stripe was dented in either foot.

“How?”

“Come on.” I avoided his question and reached my hand out, gesturing for him to attach onto me.  He cracked his back just as I did. As he used the dirty wall to support his weak body, I grabbed both his hands and pulled him up. 

“Good?” I raised my eyebrows as he cracked his neck from side to side.

“Better.” He sighed out in relief.

We opened the final door with the last key, a green copper material like key. “Please” I whispered incoherently, praying that these key would turn and support our exit.

“Wait,” I felt a hand clench my boneless arms, “There are dogs, guard dogs. Listen” Sammy nodded towards the door. I stopped the movement of the key and stood still, trying to ease my breath as the sound of the barking dogs grew louder.