"Adrien!" I squeal as he throws me over his shoulder, "let me down!"

"Never!" He chuckles as he walks.

"You're lucky I'm wearing pants!" I announce only making him laugh harder.

"Alright, Buggaboo."

"Mari, Honey, can you get the last order from the kitchen? Should be under Thomas," My mom calls and I nod handing the customer their food before going to the kitchen.

Since summer is starting in two weeks my mother has had me working on the weekends until I can get into the routine of weekdays. It's a Saturday morning so for a bakery it's pretty busy. Adrien is picking me up at the end of my shift at 15:30. I'm extremely nervous but can't focus on that right now.

I find the order easily and bring it to the people waiting. They pay and thank me. I smile and tell them to have a great day before they head off. I go over to the register and put the money away before helping the next customer.

The bakery starts to slow down around 12:30 so I'm not running back and fourth as much. Suddenly, the door opens and Alya walks in looking annoyed. I look over at my mom and she nods at me. I finish helping the last customer before letting my mom take over.

"What's wrong?" I ask grabbing her a croissant and taking a seat across from her.

"My mom is taking us on a trip to Germany for the whole summer," she pouts.

"I'm sorry, I don't see the problem," I blink trying to joke a bit.

"I don't speak German, Mari! And I just got a boyfriend. This was supposed to be our summer of dates. Me and you could double date but no I'm leaving the day after finals," she groans.

She eats her croissant aggressively taking her anger out on the poor pastry. I feel bad for her. Of course going to German is such an amazing trip and she'll love it in the long run but she really was looking forward to spending more time with Nino outside of school. It's been a bit busy lately for all of us.

"Then we'll go to Deauville right after finals and make a night of it," I suggest and she perks up.

"You think we could do that?" She asks hopefully.

"Our last final is at 11:00, two hours to the beach that will be 13:00 then we could get four hours in at the beach before we'd have to go back," I tell her and she smiles.

"Alright! I'll set it up," she exclaims, "this is going to be legendary! Oh my god! Girl, we should have all our friends go. We could set up a school beach party."

"If you can actually set that up," I start making her chuckle, "that will be amazing."

"It will be the talked about Soirée of the summer!" She declares getting her phone out and already trying to set things up.

"You go do what you do," I chuckle as she gets up giving me a hug.

"Don't forget study sesh after school Monday," Alya reminds me before leaving with her eyes on her phone and holding onto her half eaten croissant.

"Mamma, did you hear that?" I ask going back behind the counter, "Alya is going to Germany. How come we never go anywhere cool?"

"Because we're giving Jean-Luc a room and a job for the summer for you," she answers and my eyes widen.

"Oh my god! He's staying with us?" I exclaim happily, "did you talk to Mrs. Couffiane and make up?"

"Yes, we realized we were a bit too protective," she chuckles before shoeing me away, "go help the customer."

"I will," I chuckle.

"And I'm taking that croissant out of your salary!" She lies.

"Sure you are," I say before turning to the customer, "hi, how you today?"

"Hi," they smile, "I'd like a-"

"Can I open my eyes yet?" I ask smiling as I anticipate what's to come.

Tonight is Adrien and I's big first date. I'm wearing a semi fancy dress and Adrien is wearing nice dress shirt and black pants. I can still see the way his bright green eyes lit up when he picked me up.

"A few more seconds! This has to be perfect," he says making me giggle.

A few seconds later his hands leave my eyes after he's done sitting me down. I let my eyes flutter open and gasp at the scene. Adrien set up a picnic on a freaking boat for God's sake. I take maybe a minute to take in my surroundings before turning to hug Adrien.

"What are you doing?" He asks but hugs me back easily.

"This is the nicest thing you could do for me," I tell him as I pull away.

"You think?" He asks and I nod as the boat starts moving.

"I know you are a fancy person sometimes and I think this is the best mix you could come up with to make us both comfortable," I admit and he smiles sheepishly.

"I don't like to be fancy," he tries to tell me but I just shake my head.

"It's just how you were raised. I'm not saying it is a bad thing," I assure him.

"Mari, you're the best person that ever could've been under that mask," he says and my heart skips a beat.

"You think I deserve it?" I ask and he nods vigorously making me laugh a little.

"Out of everyone in Paris, I think you are the most deserving superhero even if you are the most clumsiest person I've ever met," he says making me blush.

"Do you think if I wasn't Ladybug that you'd be here with me tonight?" I ask and he looks at me like I'm crazy.

"I liked LadyBug because she was this confident superhero," he tells me, "I started liking you because you were this shy girl that did everything to make me feel better without even knowing I was sad. I think I might've been a bit oblivious to my feelings more and I might've not been here tonight but I know somewhere along the line it would've always been you."

My hands rest on his checks softly as I look at him. The sincerity in his eyes makes me shiver. I love him I know it. I love everything about him.

I lean in and press my lips to his and soon his arms are wrapped around my torso pulling me closer. When he kissed back there isn't a spark that everyone reads about happening. Instead it's like a switch. Every emotion is flowing through my head as he kisses me as passionately as he can. In that moment I know that everything is going to be alright in the end.

Because I have him.