5 - Flight to North Carolina

Start from the beginning

"Jen, we have 15 minutes to kill, what do you want to do?" he say, and it was like a lightbulb just lit above my head.

 "Let's sing and dance! It makes me wake up in the morning." I say happily.

 "Uh.. Really? I thought we could just eat again." he say, making a disgusted look on his face

 "My idea is better." I pout and he goes beside me and pinch my cheeks

 "That hurt." I said, rubbing the part where he pinched me.

 "Okay, anything for the spoiled beautiful princess." he says, then he smirks. I just roll my eyes at him and I turn on my iPod shuffle, that was connected to my speakers. The first song was 'What If by Colbie Caillat'. I love this song!

 "Seriously, this, Jen?" he say smirking another time.

 "Come on Josh!" I say then I pull him by his arm. He stands up and we jump and dance while I sing the song. 

I see you standing over there.
You look around without a care
I pretend you notice me. I look in your eyes, and what you see.

Is made up in my mind.
Am I just wasting time?
I think this could be love.
I'm serious.

What if we were made for each other
Born to become best friends and lovers
I want to stay right here
In this moment with you
Over and over and over again
What if this could be a real love
A love, a love, yeah.

Josh pulls me to him, and I'm shocked because we were an inch close to each other. I look in his eyes, then they instantly turn to his lips.

And I think what would it feel like if I kiss him. Right here, right now...

Jen! Stop!

 I have only one thought in my mind after that:

What if?

《Josh PoV》

 I pull her closer to me. I didn't know what I did that. I think I just want to see her reaction. And her face. I look into her eyes, then I see hers turn to my lips, and I did the same.

What would her lips feel like?

 After the song finishes, she takes off her iPod from the speakers, and places it on her purse, along with the earphones.

 "Come on, we have to go. We're gonna be late." she says, and we go outside. She locks her door, and rides the passenger's seat of the car. I take my place and I start driving. We didn't talk the whole ride, and it was killing me. I want to hear her voice so bad. We seem so distant now, it's my fault probably. I shouldn't have done that.

 We arrive there in about 20 minutes and we see that the whole cast is waiting for us. Yep, we are late.

 "Jen! Josh! You're late, where did you go?" Gary says, but he didn't look that pissed.

 "Nothing. We woke up late." I say, then everybody stares at us.

 "You were together?" he asks, wide eyed. Oh, that's why.

 "No, I just assumed she also woke up late, like me." I say, obviously lying, covering what I had said just now.

 "Okay, let's board the plane." he say and we follow them. Jen and I were side to side, but we didn't talk. It is a little uncomfortable seeing Jen like that. So quiet, it isn't the Jennifer I know.

 We are at the plane, and Jen and I sit together along with Willow beside me. Isabelle, Alexander and Leven in front of us. On our back was Jackie, Amandla, and Jack.Jen is staring at the window, and it seems like she didn't want to talk.