Mr. And Mrs. Dixit!

Start from the beginning

Sona was the first one to wake up, to the sound of her alarm (which she had set for the evening). Waking up in the arms of her beloved, she could not help but grin at the fact that, every day from that day, she would wake up to the sight of him. Dev would be the first person she would see every morning and the last every night. How lucky was she! Slightly ruffling his unruly hair, Sona softly called his name out, asking him to get up; as they had to get ready for the reception. Rubbing his eyes, Dev woke up with a smile on his face; he too was happy that he was lucky enough to have her by his side, lucky enough to wake up to her sight!

Sona went to have a bath in one room; while Dev went to another. A relaxing hot shower later, Sona stepped out in her blouse and underskirt. She expertly draped the Saree around herself; knowing that Nia and Shriya would arrive any moment to doll her up...and she was right as they did arrive a couple of minutes late, while she was putting her jewelry on.
When they entered the room, both Shriya and Nia let out whistles on seeing Sona in her saree. Complimenting Sona on how beautiful she looked, Shriya sat her down and yet again began doing her hair. This time she kept her hair down in waves with a pouf, while Nia kept her make-up natural.

Dev was taken away by Vihaan and Harsh and he was not allowed to see Sonakshi till she was brought down for the reception. That had earned them a grumpy reaction from their brother; which had made them laugh at his misery!

A while later, Sona was done up and just one thing was left - her sindoor. She found Nia holding out a sindoor dibba in front of her. "Ishu Maasi told me to give it to you." Sona smiled at her and taking a pinch of vermillion, she applied it to her forehead!
Just as Sona was done putting the sindoor, in walked her sister-in-law aka Soumya. "Oh My Gosh! Bhaabi!!! You are looking so pretty!", Soumya squealed and hugged Sona, careful to not spoil her saree. "Thanks, Choti! And you look wonderful as well!", Sona I replied, reciprocating her hug. Realizing why she was there, Soumya told the three ladies that they were all called down since it was the time for the reception; and guests were beginning to arrive.

On reaching where the reception was hoisted, Sona searched for Dev. Her misery was short-lived as she was taken to him; where he stood chatting with his father, Bijoy, Raj, Harsh, and Vihaan. On feeling her presence and turned around, only to get mesmerized for the umpteenth time that day; while Sona's case was no different!

Clad in an ivory-colored saree with intricate sequins, Sona looked fantabulous, to say the least! Dev booked dapper himself, donning a crisp white shirt and a greyish-blue trouser, with a matching blazer.

(DevAkshi's Attires)

When she reached him, Dev unknowingly said, "Beautiful!", making Sona blush and others stifle a laugh; since they did not want to embarrass the duo on their wedding day. Just then, Ishwari came by and asked DevAkshi to walk to the podium, where the guests would come and meet them.

 Just then, Ishwari came by and asked DevAkshi to walk to the podium, where the guests would come and meet them

(The Setup)

Guests began walking in, one after the other, meeting and congratulating Dev. The meet and greet session was followed by a sumptuous buffet, post which the guests took their leaves.

After the guests and everyone else had gone, it was just the Dixits, Boses, and Malhotras; preparing for Sonakshi's Bidaai. Asha and Bijoy got emotional at the mention of the said ritual and so did Sonakshi. Had it not been for Dev comforting her, she would have been an emotional mess.
Like every parent, they were sad about the fact that she would no longer be staying with them, sad that they won't have many chances to pamper their princess. Like every bride, Sona was sad about the fact that she would be leaving everything that once belonged to her.
Unable to see either Sona or his parents-in-law gloomy, Dev stepped in front of them (with Sona still by his side) and taking their hands in his said, "Maa-Baba, I won't say ki I know how you feel...because I would not. But main itna zaroor kahunga ki mujhse pehle, sabse pehle, Sonakshi par aap dono ka haq hain! Aur rahi baat woh aapke saath na hone ki, toh Sona jab bhi chahe aapko milne ayegi; usse meri ya kisi aur ki permission lene ki koi zaroorat nahi padegi. Aapka jab mann kare, aap bhi aana Sona se milne. Aur main aap dono ko promise karta hoon ki main Sonakshi ka pura khayal rakhunga; khudse bhi zyada! Usse kabhi kisi cheezki kami mehsoos nahi doonga!" Anant and Ishwari felt their hearts soar with pride, at the clarity of their son's thoughts. Sona fell in love with him all over again; while her parents felt the luckiest, for having Dev as their son-in-law. He was the definition of perfection. Asha and Bijoy said nothing, just hugged Dev, pouring in all their emotions through that hug.
After the emotional moment, everyone wiped their tears and Asha and Bijoy happily sat Sona in the car that was meant to take her and Dev to the Dixit Mansion.

Ishwari, Anant, Daadi, and Soumya had sped off to their house to welcome Sona home; to do her Grih Pravesh. In the car, DevAkshi had settled in comfortable silence. Sona placed her head on Dev's shoulder; while he had one arm around her waist and the other entwined with hers.
As the Dixit Mansion came in sight, Sona's eyes twinkled; as the entire place was beautifully decked up! The look on her face made Dev smile. As the chauffeur pulled up in the driveway, Dev quickly got out and went by Sona's side of the door; and opening it for her, held his hand out, which she enclosed without a second thought! Together they walked to their home.
The others were already waiting for the couple. Daadi stood with an aarti ki thali and beside her were Soumya and Ishwari on one side; and Anant on the other! As DevAkshi reached the threshold, Daadi put a tika on their foreheads and did their aarti. "Beta, ab iss kalash (pot laden with rice) ko apne daye pair (right foot), se zukav aur phir kumkun ki thaali mein pair rakhkar andar aajao!", Ishwari explained to Sona, who nodded in understanding. Sona first slightly pushed the Kalash with her right foot and then stepping in the dish filled with Alta, entered her house, leaving behind auspicious red footprints; which are symbolic of the arrival of Goddess Lakshmi! After this they all went to the small mandir in the house, to pray for the happiness of the newlyweds!

(A/N: Surprise! Again A Quick Update!
I Know You All Might Be Angry With Me For Keeping The Chapter Till Where It Is (Ya'll Know What I Am Talking About 😉😉). But I Promise I Will Make Up For It Very Well In The Next (And The Last) Chapter 😏😏😉😉😂😂.
P.S.: While Reading The Next Chapter, Keep Your Fans + ACs + Coolers On! 😏😏
Baki Keep Guessing! 😎😎)