1.

Brooklyn, New York 

Marcy's Projects, 1996

June,  with a long white collared shirt, and black denim extra large shorts, surpassed his knees is walking with headphones in his ears, while pretending he dj'ing while listening to a song, towards a an apartment building and duffel bag on his sh...

June,  with a long white collared shirt, and black denim extra large shorts, surpassed his knees is walking with headphones in his ears, while pretending he dj'ing while listening to a song, towards a an apartment building and duffel bag on his shoulder. It's damped raining outside. He walks inside the building and ask the tenant for Shawn's apartment..

"Y'all fix this damn elevator b?" he asked frustrated as he pressed it several times, the guy just ate his burger and shrugged. 

"Damn man..." he said annoyed. Shawn, was freshening up, "where you going my nig?"

His homeboy DeHaven Irby asked as he was rolling a blunt, Shawn pulled up his shorts and walked back into the living room.

"What you about to make a run or somethin'?" he asked lighting it, and Shawn shook his head.

"Nah man, I ain't fucking with that shit no more. It's time to come up, and do it big, naw sayin'?"

He said as he took his New York Yankees black cap off the table, and putting it on his head. DeHaven blew a smoke out, and scrunched up his face shocked.

"Dawg what you mean, you ain't fucking with that shit? that's all we know, hustle out in the streets. This all we got my nig." 

Shawn shook his head, and pointed at DeHaven's chest "That's all you got.." a knock comes towards the door.

"Aye who is it?" Shawn yelled "It's June nigga, open the door, hot as fuck out here.." he said shaking his head, and Shawn unlocked the door with the chain and opened it, slapping his hand and bringing him into a hug "What's up June?" 

He asked and June walked in "Shit, just came from anger management session..." He said chewing his gum hard, as he walked further in and slapped DeHaven's hand, greeting him..

Shawn chuckled, "How dat working out?" He asked folding his arm, as he chewed his gum. Shawn shrugged.

"Eh, it's straight...Hard to focus cause the therapist fine as hell, and all..Was trying to fuck, for a thank you but you know, but she had a nigga excuse havin' ass.." They laughed and Shawn nodded "Hear that."

"Yeah, but check this out b..I got your mixtapes on and ready, all we gotta do is distribute around the neighborhoods from Harlem, Brooklyn, Bronx and Queens..Eh scatch, Queens might be funny cause they got nigga NAS upstate and shit, that might be competition dawg..We gotta get you local first.."

 Shawn nodded "aight, aight, aight." DeHaven stood up, "Man, y'all actually believe this rap shit gone work b?"

He asked, and June and Shawn looked at each other "Hell yeah, I have faith in my nigga. I heard you spit, and it's time for your black ass to get heard, but you need to fucking leave the streets b, ain't shit out here for you dawg..Man, I had to get out..do something different..."