"I'm sorry I didn't tell you," I say when he doesn't respond. His reaction is something I'm anticipating. What will he think of me now? "I can memorize everything with ease, whether it be numbers or people. Every detail is easy to remember just with a glance. And I have the same math trait as Dakota. The measurements and durations of numbers. You know about it?"

There's a pause. "I do," He says. "We used Dakota for hacking and the genius stuff. Noah was trying to use you for the same thing, only you are obviously more enhanced with your memory advantages." He says it like an observation, not a question. He's thinking out loud, so I don't say anything else. I just swallow and close my eyes, glad to get it off of my chest.

What I was most happy about was how he said "advantages" and not "disorders." He sees them as a gift and not as a curse. Not many people do. Actually, no one that knows about my specialties calls them an advantage. They all think I'm strange. Which begs the question...

"Do you think I'm a freak now?" I ask quietly, glad he can't see my worried expression right now.

Aiden scoffs. "Why would I think that? I wish I could remember everything I come across. I wish I could memorize every single crease and curve in your gorgeous little smile. You're beautiful, Dimples. Absolutely perfect."

I smile, both in relief and happiness. I turn so I can face him, the grin unable to be erased from my lips. My heart is soaring, and it's as if the events that happened today completely vanish. There's no worries. There's only us.

I wrap my arms around him and am gentle with his chest and stomach as I bury my face into his neck. He rests his chin on my head, letting out a long breath.

"Let's get out of this hospital."

~

A few days later, Aiden is still resting, and he's not allowed to move much since he can't stretch and rip his stitches. I've been making him sit still and not move a single muscle. Of course he's annoyed most of the time, but he still obliges.

I've forgiven him already.

How so? I'm not sure either. I never forgive anyone, and if there is ever an exception, then it takes forever to do it. I don't know how I was able to forgive Aiden that fast, especially when he hit me right where it hurts. But he showed me he didn't mean it. He was only freaking out over Noah's blackmailing incident.

As far as I know, he's still in the hospital, in an induced coma. Since Aiden can't go to the "gang headquarters" or whatever, Nico's been keeping us up to date about what's going on. And apparently, everything is falling apart without a boss. So we have time to think about how we're going to get me out of this situation.

But right now is not the time, because Lyma and Hayley are both in the living room with all of us, including Aiden, Nico, and I. We've decided to all watch a movie together: a horror. It's called Don't Breathe and includes alien abduction and some crazy dude.

You would think that the trauma I've gone through would help with me watching scary films, but you'd also be wrong. It's done the exact opposite, especially the ones where the people kidnap others. It brings back terrible memories.

Although, they never get anything right. The captors don't tie you up. They just knock you out with their fists or some sort of drug before taking you wherever they're hiding you. Another misconception is that kidnappers only want you for ransom or have some sort of motive. Wrong.