Heart Shaped Love - Chapter 34

Start from the beginning

“Have fun honey.” she replied, before getting up and heading to the kitchen while I bounded up the steps to get ready.

Half an hour later, my hair was straightened to perfection then braided into two French braids, one on either side of my head. I had a bit of red eye shadow on and a bit of mascara, as well as a light red lipstick.

I looked at my costume that was currently hanging on my closet door. It consisted of a red dress with black polka dots that went to about mid-thigh and a pair of black antenna that had red glowing circles on the top.

When I slipped out of my sweats and put on the costume, I turned around to look in the mirror. Wow! I looked good. The dress was tight, but not too tight, my make-up and hair made me look like a kid on Halloween and I had even decided to put a couple black freckles on my cheeks with eyeliner to make me look childish. What can I say? I loved Halloween.

After I was done admiring myself in the mirror, I quickly grabbed a pair of black flats to complete my outfit and I heard the doorbell ring.

I looked in the mirror one more time before running down the stairs to answer the door, knowing Carson would be behind it. He wouldn’t tell me what his costume was and I was seriously curious as to what he was dressed up as.

When I opened the door my jaw dropped to the floor. After a minute of shock I burst out laughing at my boyfriend’s outfit.

“Oh… my… god…what… are you… wearing?” I asked while laughing.

He just crossed his arms across his chest and raised an eyebrow at me. “Well, I am just wearing the best costume known to mankind.” he replied, defending the ridiculous red and blue outfit he was wearing.

Oh, if you haven’t guessed it yet, my boyfriend was dressed as Spiderman with the mask in his hand.

My laughing died down and I stepped forward to put my arms around him and look up at him. “Well, if you think that Spiderman is the best superhero, I’ll have to agree with you. Plus in a weird, nerdy way, you look kind of hot.” I said, going up on my tiptoes to peck his lips, before backing away slightly.

He just smirked in response.  “Well you see, I’m always hot but this is a fun night and I’ll have to say,” he said, looking me up and down, “Halloween is my favourite holiday if I get to see you dressed up in that sexy getup.”

I just rolled my eyes and slapped his nylon covered stomach. “Cocky little perv.” I said. “By the way, I never thought I’d see a boyfriend of mine in a nylon one-piece costume…. ever.”