Chapter 4: A Problem or Not?

Start from the beginning

                Jackson wondered why she was looking at him that way. Her emotionless face just stared back at him. Neither her mouth or her facial expression betrayed what was in her mind. But her eyes were meaningful. It seemed to know things he did not know. He wanted to ask. He was curious to know on what’s running in her mind. His jaw tightened as he shoved off his curiosity of her. “Are you just going to stare at me?”

                She opened her mouth and allowed him to feed her. They did not speak to each other. The only sound that can be heard was the spoon scooping porridge and the spoon clanging on the bowl. Megan was halfway her food, yet they still did not speak to each other.

                A few minutes have passed, Megan finished her food. Jackson lifted the glass of water and helped her drink. Her lips were touching the lips of the glass. His eyes traced her throat as it gulped down. Oh how badly he wanted to sniff her, to savour her scent, and lick her throat as it guzzled the liquid. Oh shit. Did he just really think of that? Shit. Shit. Shit. It was a strange force compelling his leopard to jump on her.

                Ahhh. A sound of relief escaped from his mind when she finished drinking. At least, no more playful and dirty ideas…hopefully. To remove his dirty thoughts about her, he opened his mouth and spoke the first thing that came in his mind. “Fruit?” Megan smiled at him. “Sure.” Megan’s eyes were still smiling at him. That warm smile again. His insides curl from the curve of her lips. He felt happy to see her smile which is too strange for him. Shit. No. Stop. Just stop.

                Jackson hurriedly turned around to prevent himself from gawking. He went downstairs and looked for fruits. He did not know which fruit to bring, so he grabbed the one at his sight, grapes. He kept on rubbing his temples and tried to compose himself as he went upstairs. What the hell are you doing Jackson.

                This was not his usual self. Despite being branded as the most social animal in DarkRiver—all thanks to his jester side who wanted to make everybody laugh—he remained to be the calculative sentinel, very cautious of what he does. He had to know things ahead of time to organize his thoughts and make plans of actions. The bad news was that he did not even know why he was acting like that, why he was feeling a certain pull towards her. It was damn uncomfortable and he could just lash out at himself for it. He sighed. He went inside the room and sat on the chair beside her bed.

                “Wait. So you’re going to feed me that?” Hesitation was evident from her facial expression.

                “Why? Is there something wrong?”

                There is something wrong motherfucker. A late realization sunk in his brains. His fingertips brushed her wet lips as he fed her the fruit. His body became one giant pulse when he did the erotic act. What would she think? Oh shit no. Wracking his chaotic brain, he pretended to not care. He retracted his fingers back to his lap. Eyes were still locked with hers, looking at her facial expression, waiting her curses.

                Awkward silence. Nobody moved. They were just having a staring contest. Kroo. Kroo. Why did he even have to that? Why did he even not think? Was he so stupid? Since when…Megan chuckled at what’s happening. Later on, a boisterous laugh musically filled the room. She had to hold her stomach and her lower ribs since they hurt while she’s laughing hard. Jackson forgot his internal lashing as his lips curved to a smile to see her reaction. Not wanting to let her see that he was hit by the laughing virus, he posed a stoned face.

                She wiped the tears from her eyes.  “Okay. That was awkward.” She kept on chuckling. Jackson inserted another piece in her mouth to shut her mouth. This time, the way his fingertips brushed her lips was casual. She just smiled at Jackson. Jackson’s brow arched to see her smiling at him. Before he could even ask, Megan said, “Nothing in particular. I’m just happy.” The insides of Jackson jumped of joy upon hearing that statement. Why did he feel happy towards her happiness? Weird.