Aradia Megido - Part One

Start from the beginning

I walk back to my respiteblock to get ready for the big day where I finally get to do something fun without having to adapt to the needs of everyone else.

I pick out a red dress I find in the back of my closet. It looks to fit the dress code set in place by the leaders. I put it on and twirl around in front of the mirror. 'I l00k beautiful' I think to myself.

I put on some makeup, fix my hair and walk out the door. I sit down and wait for the other trolls and the humans to come in. ill y9u all please 6e quiet, we are g9ing s9mewhere where y9u sh9uld 6e respective t9 the pe9ple there-"

Soon enough, the vehicle is full of yelling, arguing, screaming, and groaning. I begin to wonder if this was a good idea. I shake the idea out of my think-Pan and keep going, following the map until we finally arrive.

Before I let them out, I remind them of the rules, telling them that they need to follow them or they're going to get a lecture from Kankri. Knowing full well that that is not going to stop them from messing around, I hesitantly open the vehicle doors.

Some trolls run up the steps into the building others walk slowly. Meulin tried to run off behind the tree our front but is stopped by Rose, who drags her into the building.

Even though everyone is in the building, not all of them are in the part of the building where the meeting is actually held. I take a look at my notes and skim through the first page. Chapel. It is called the chapel.

I gather up as many trolls and humans as possible and drag them into the chapel and sit them on the bench in the middle of the room. By the time I gather everyone, we fill up the first three benches in the middle row.

Now that I can pay more attention to things other than my friends, I get a good look at the room surrounding me. Inside is so much cooler than in the pictures. There are chandeliers, lots of seats, some music making things and a lot of other stuff that probably has a name. As I stare in awe at the ceiling, I get a tap on the shoulder. I turn around and see Meenah.

"Are you gonna keep starin' at the ceilin' or are you gonna sit down and pay attention?" She asks me. I realize that while I was in my trance, that people started to file in. I sit down at the end of one of the benches and watch the humans. Lots of them are giving us weird looks, some grubs- I mean, children, are running around.

I stare at them, then I stare at us. They are all following the dress code that is set in place. We did not. One person walks through the doors and says hello to everyone. He walks up the aisle to near where we are sitting. He looks scared and a little nervous at the same time.

"So you g-guys are, are visitors,r-right?" He says. He sticks his hand out, but it is shaking. I sit there and stare at it. Dave leans over to me and whispers in my ear.

"Aradia, dude, it is a handshake. Grab his hand, and shake it,"

"0h," I say as I grab his hand and shake it around. I can hear Dave's hand hit his face and John snickers. The man pulls his hand away as quickly as possible and sticks it in his pocket.

"Yes, we are visit0rs. We came t0 experience what g0ing to the LDS Church w0uld be like. I am Aradia Megid0 and these are my friends," I gesture around me to all of the beings in the rows in front of me. "Y0u d0n't mind us here, d0 y0u?"

"O-oh, no. I do-don't. Visitors are a-always welcome here," He says, clearly putting on a fake smile. "I am Bishop Smith, it is n-nice to meet you." I see his face loosen up slightly. I don't know why he is scared, there's really no reason to be. We're not going to harm him. "I am g-going to introduce myself to your. Friends," He walks off and starts talking to some of the other trolls.

I am not focused on them, I am more focused on what is happening on the table to the right of me. These young boys are putting something in silver trays. I look towards the middle of the stage like thing and see an elevated section with a black stick in it.

I look around for any of the humans. Dave, Dirk, Jake, and Roxy are nowhere to be seen. Rose human is knitting silently in her seat. I tap her on the shoulder.

"R0se, why is there a black stick in the wall?" She finishes the row of her knitting she was working on, then looks up to me.

"That is a microphone. When you speak into it, your voice gets louder. That way, everyone in the chapel can hear you when you speak." She says, returning to her knitting.

"0h, thank y0u R0se human!" She just nods her head. I look around and see some of the other trolls are either nowhere to be seen, or messing around. I decide not to bother too much as to what they are doing. The session is set to start in about 18 minutes. I alert the trolls and humans that I can see that the meeting is almost starting. Some of them quiet down, others such as Gamzee and Feferi stand up and leave the benches. Equius stands up and tells me to move from the back right of the area to the top left.

"We need to sit in order of bloodcast. It is only appropriate," He makes everyone stand up and rearrange themselves. As we do this, I realize that only about half of the group is still here. I hear a grumble behind me and see Terezi licking a green book the colour of Kanaya's blood.

"Th3y 4ll t4st3 th3 s4m3..." She grumbles, moving on to the next book. As I look behind me, I see Mituna through the doors we entered through. He is riding his skateboard. I hear him scream and then see Latula come join him, also on her skateboard.

Tavros is speaking to a human near the back of the room, where Equius put the humans. Nepeta is on the stage reading a book with gold pages and scribbling down notes in her notebook. I call out to some of them to come back and sit down. Rose runs out the door to retrieve Latula and Mituna. Cronus sits down with the lack of a leather jacket around his arms, looking very angry.

Bishop Smith, who was seated on the stage, stands up and walks over to the microphone stick on the wall. "Welcome everyone to the Sunday session of church this afternoon. We will be singing hymn 142, Sweet Hour of Prayer. Sister Childs will be our accompaniment today, then Brother Schield will be giving the opening prayer,"

1885 words in this chapter.

I decided to cut this story in half because there will be a lot of detail. The rest of them will not have as much detail, but this one tells the main story. I am working on Part Two and it should be done soon!