Day 1: June 29 (Monday)

Start from the beginning

Oh Dad, that is something no one at Camp Tanooki will do this year.

~ Wario's POV ~

"I'm... Too... Lazy..." I groan, putting a pillow over my head.

"You wanted to go to Camp Tanooki, so you have to get used to waking up early," My younger twin, Waluigi states.

"Wrong. YOU wanted to go to this camp, you just were scared to go alone," I correct.

"No..." I see my tall, skinny brother turn slightly red in his face. "I was NOT scared."

"Whatever, you still wanted me to come with you so that you wouldn't be a loner," I reply. "Well, what if we don't end up in the same cabin? Huh?"

"Shut up!" Wauigi snaps. "I'm capable of making my own friends. And by the way, you have to shower now or else we'll be late."

"Let us be late," I mutter, about to fall asleep.

"Would you rather have an awesome stress-free time at Camp Tanooki or be stuck at home and grounded for the whole summer?" Waluigi questions.

"Fine! I'm going!" I say, standing up. I walk to the bathroom and when I'm there, I immediately take a cold shower to completely wake me up.

What I said earlier was true- Waluigi wanted to go, but he wanted me to go with him. My parents were on his side and told me that if I didn't go to Camp Tanooki, I'd be grounded for the whole summer. Talk about injustice.

Well, I learned a little bit about Camp Tanooki and it seems good enough. Maybe if I do enough activities, I'll get the fit, muscular body I've always wanted. I also hope that my cabinmates are cool to be around.

Now, Waluigi's knocking on the bathroom door and yelling at me to hurry up. He's just too impatient, isn't he?

~ Donkey Kong's POV ~

"Are you nervous?" My fourteen-year-old brother, DIddy asks me.

"A little bit," I admit. Diddy glances at me.

"Why?" he tilts his head.

"What if I'm not good at the new stuff they'll make us do?" I say.

"DK," Diddy sighs. "We've already talked about this. You're one of the most athletic and strongest people I know. Camp Tanooki was made for people like you, so I know you'll do well there, if not the best. And because of that, you'll get lots of friends."

"How do you know?" I raise an eyebrow.

"The ones who are the best at whatever the program is about always get the friends, right?" Diddy replies. "It's natural."

"I guess I have nothing to worry about," I murmur.

I really don't know whether I'm nervous or excited about going to Camp Tanooki. Possibly both. I want to try new things, I'm adventurous like that. But if I'm not good at the new things, I'll make a fool of myself. And I'm not a fool... I think.

If you want me to describe Diddy in one word, I'll say he's an optimist. I hardly see him sad. And Diddy is always trying to make everyone happy. I don't mean impressing them. I mean comforting them. Diddy doesn't have to try, though. His presence already makes everyone around him happy. Diddy's a cool guy.

"DK come on, we're leaving now," Diddy tells me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Okay," I reply.