Chapter Two

Reading while walking was a challenge but once everyone saw the angel with her book, they tried not to bump into her.

Adeline was headed towards the student lounge when someone bumped into her, making her drop her book. She bent down to retrieve it the same time as the person did, making them butt heads. The boy cursed silently and rubbed his forehead.

She looked up and saw that the person who bumped into her was Dorian Wilson. Dorian and her were close friends but in secrecy, Dorian wanted to be much more. He flirted with her on a daily basis but she never seemed to notice.

"Ads, where ya headed?" Dorian asked while crossing his arms. "I was going to the student lounge when you bumped into me." She replied with a joking smile.

"Well, I apologize for bumping into you. Now, will you let me accompany you to the lounge?" He gave her a dashing smile and held out his arm. Adeline shook her head and looped her arm around his with a smile.

When they first entered, Adeline laughed at a joke Dorian told her. Her laugh made everyone who was present turn towards them. Jughead was quick to notice her arm around Dorian's. He rolled his eyes in annoyance which Adeline had caught.

'Be nice,' she mouthed at him before unhooking her arm. She sat next to Jughead who was eating chips and snatched it from him. He leaned in closely,"Do you have to hang out with him, Addy?" Adeline shrugged and replied,"I don't get why you don't like him, he's nice and he's also funny. He even tells me jokes all the time to make me laugh."

Jughead sighed deeply,"He likes you, Addy." Adeline scoffed lightly,"Well duh, Jughead. If he didn't like me, then we wouldn't be friends." Jughead shook his head and let out a little laugh.

A cough reminded the two that they weren't the only ones there. They both saw Veronica giving them a look. Adeline blushed and tried look at away from Veronica's stare. She found herself interested in a certain Serpent with the tattoo on his neck. She subconsciously let her eyes roam his figure. Adeline liked the way his hair would fall messily in front of his eyes making look him mysterious. And also the way his dark eyes shined in the sunlight. The Serpent had caught her eyes and his breath hitched in his throat. He stared into her large, baby blue eyes. He could stare at them all day without getting bored. Blue was definitely his favorite color now.

After Veronica, Josie, and Kevin introduced themselves, it was time for the Serpents to do the same. The pink haired girl raised her hand,"Toni Topaz." Veronica smirked,"Oh, like the purple colored gem stone."

The Serpent eating licorice went next,"Call me Fogarty, Fangs Fogarty." And stared at Kevin, who sat across from him. Lastly, came the Serpent that Adeline was staring at. He looked straight at her with a smirk,"Sweet Pea." She looked down with a small grin.

Dorian, who had been leaning against the door post, saw the interaction between Adeline and Sweet Pea. He had to admit he was pretty jealous and introduced himself bitterly,"And I'm Dorian Wilson." He glared at Sweet Pea who gave him a smirk. "And I'm sure you all know my angel, Adeline." Dorian looked at Sweet Pea when he emphasized my. Josie scoffed and rolled her eyes,"She isn't an object, Dorian and she certainly isn't yours." Dorian was known to go around with many girls, but now his main interest was Adeline.

Adeline stood up to walk to the vending machine, but bumped her hip on the couch arm. She let out a small hiss and mumbled,"Ouch."

Jughead laughed and added,"Did we forget to mention that Adeline was a clumsy person?" Adeline tried to hide her embarrassment with her hair. To her relief, Principal Weatherbee walked in taking the attention off her.

He pointed at the Serpents,"You guys come, now!" One by one everyone left except for Adeline. She was getting her snack when the machine stopped working. "No!" Adeline tried to rattle the machine but she was too weak. The next thing she knew, a pair of arms were shaking the machine for her. She realized it had been Sweet Pea. Once the chocolate bar was out, Sweet Pea crouched down to grab it from the slot. He held it in his hand for Adeline to take. She gently took it from him,"Thank you." He smiled at her making Adeline feel butterflies in her stomach. "No problem, Angel Eyes." Angel Eyes? That's new she blushed as they both walked out.

When they approached their friends, they saw that the Riverdale High crest had an 'S' spray painted on it in green. "What took you guys so long?" Fangs asked with a wink. "Princess over here, had her chocolate bar stuck in the machine so I helped her." Sweet Pea said nodding over at Adeline, who was at the front trying to defend the Serpents.

"But they didn't do it!" Adeline exclaimed. "And if they did, where are the witnesses who saw them? The hall is crowded with students, ask them who they saw." She said fiercely. The people behind her were proud of her, especially the Serpents. They were glad Adeline had chose to defend them.

Reggie shook his head angrily,"Addy, this is what they do. Those scumbags tag their turf." Adeline was about say another remark but was cut off by Weatherbee. "That's it, no more gang affiliations. Take those jackets off and cover up every tattoo." He glared at all of them while Reggie stood behind him smirking. 

Principal Weatherbee and Reggie left the scene, leaving Adeline and the others infuriated. Before anyone said anything Adeline spoke,"I can't believe them! I'm pretty sure Weatherbee knew that Reggie was lying. He didn't even try to understand what I was saying. They're being major assbutts!" She angrily opened the bar of chocolate. Everyone around her looked at her in amusement. Being angry just made the small girl even cuter.

Adeline broke off a piece and handed it to Sweet Pea. "Did Adeline Hart just share her food?" Kevin gasped putting his hand over his heart. "Oh hush, he helped me get it out of the machine." She said while munching on the bar.

"Now that this is over, let's get this angry bunny to class." Veronica said gently pushing her forward. Sweet Pea kept his eyes on the blue eyed girl before leaving to his next class.

《   》
If there's a lot of mistakes, I'm sorry. Also, I might just stop following the plot of Riverdale. If I did, would you still read this?