Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I started grinning will looking out the widow of my plane. Clear blue skies with the clouds just lingering beneath the plane. I just closed my eyes and held on to the feeling I felt whenever I was flying. A tingly curing sensation; and at this state I could feel everything from the soft leather seating, to the slight blowing of the AC in my face. I felt at ease. Being on planes has always been such a comfort to me; I've spent at least 100 hours on planes since I was a kid. Traveling was always my family's thing, and call me sentimental but it'll always be something of a treasure to me.

"Hello earth to Carla!" Both Caroline and Danielle said in sync.

Caroline continued "As I was saying, we should plan out our trips carefully I don't want to miss a thing on my to do list!"

"To do list?"

"Yea you know those lists that people keep to help them plan the places they want to go in Paris? Doesn't everyone have those?"

"No..." Danielle and I slowly say.

"We'll I'm sorry, I'm not one I'm not miss traveler, this will be my first time in Paris and I just want to make it memorable" she says while fixing her curled auburn hair.

I just laugh and shake my head

The rest of the plane ride consisted of planning out our trip, gossiping, and eventually all of us fell asleep.

It was 12am midnight when we got to the Paris airport. While we were waiting for a taxi to take us to our hotel I take out my phone to check my emails and to check up what's happening at work.

"Carla! Put that away!" Danielle immediately says when she sees what I'm doing

"But-"

"No buts! Remember why you came here, you're a work-a-holic! You've haven't taken time away from work in forever! Plus what could be possibly be so important 6pm over there? Did they find the cure for cancer?" She said sarcastically.

"Well-"

"No, put it away"

I slowing put my phone back in my purse. Knowing Danielle since we were practically in kindergarten I knew better than to go against Danielle when she had her blue grey eyes staring you to death. And with her angular features that which was was bordering the fine line of Angelic or cynical you better watch out. Caroline understanding the situation decided it would be best to agree with Danielle.

We got to the hotel, and with Danielle's charm, and Caroline's dazzling smile we were able to get an upgrade to a luxury suite, without costing a single penny more than the normal suite.

Our suite was a two bedroom, two bathroom room complete with a kitchen, sitting area, and balcony.

One of the rooms had 2 double beds while the other had a single queen bed.

"So how are we going to do this?"

"Survival to the fittest?" Caroline suggested

"I rather not" I stated with a laugh

"Ok guys lets do this the civil way"

In other words this meant Danielle taking out her phone, and using her "Random number" app. It consisted of shaking your phone until you wished to stop the 100 side dice from rolling. Each side, of course had a single number from 1-100. It was a pretty pointless app if you ask me, but Dani claimed trough her experience it deemed to similar issues like this before.

"Ok everyone pick a number"

"82" Caroline said without any second thought, which wasn't surprising since that was the number on all her sports jerseys.

"I guess I'll go with 22" Danielle chimed in

"I wonder why?" I gave her a knowing look

"Hey," she raised her hands up, "It's not because it's Chase's birthday"

"Whatever you say..." I say just nodding my head

It didn't take me long to pick a number. "10" I finally said.

"Well would you look at that" Dani said as the dice stopped. On her screen in a big font was the the number 10"

"Congrats Carla, tell me again why you say you're not lucky"

"I can totally switch if you guys want-"

"No" they both said firmly "You've got to put yourself before others for once"

They both gave me a weak smile and left to go to their room and unpack.

______________________________

It was 5am I still couldn't sleep. It wasn't because of the bed - I mean who can go wrong with 500 count Egyptian cotton- or jet lag. There was just too much on my mind.

I got out of bed and slowly opened the door of the balcony and walked outside.

I took a deep breath in, and sighed at the smell of the bread already getting baked down the street. The aroma was enough to make my stomach growl.

I contemplated on the last time I was here in this city.

Everything is still just as beautiful

"I'm going to be alright" I whispered to myself.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note:

First off, I'd like to thank anyone who is reading this, I'm new to this so any suggestions and or constructive critism would be great. This is a fanfic I've written a while ago - and for complete leisure - but never had the chance to post. Also, side note that this is written sometime in the future where Finn is 27.

Again it really means a lot to me that you are reading this, I'll try to update as often as possible.