Chapter Five

By the time Adeline got to school, she was breathless. Running wasn't exactly her forte. She leaned against some lockers before taking off in a hurry.

Being too deep in her thoughts, she didn't hear a voice call out her name and was suddenly slammed onto the floor with a yelp. She groaned on the floor and held her head, feeling a small bump already being formed.

Sweet Pea, who had heard the yelp, came out of the student lounge to see Adeline on the floor and with Dorian standing above her.

"Why do you look like you're about to do something?" Fangs asked with a grin. He followed Sweet Pea's gaze at the blue eyed girl on the ground. Before he could say anything else, Sweet Pea rushed towards Dorian and grabbed his collar.

"What the hell did you do?" He seethed in anger as he pushed him into the lockers.

"I didn't do anything." Dorian replied with a smirk.

"Then why is she on the ground holding her head like she's in pain?" Sweet Pea felt nothing but anger. He would've punched him if he hadn't heard Adeline's voice.

With the help of Toni and Fangs she got up,"Sweet Pea?"

Hearing her gentle voice, he let Dorian fall and made his way towards her.

"It was an accident, I was running and I bumped into him." She replied softly.
She looked at Dorian and apologized.

"No problem, Addy." He glared at Sweet Pea and walked away, not before giving one last look at the girl.

"How's your head?" Toni asked.

"There's a small bump, but I'll live," Adeline muttered.

"Why were you even running?" Sweet Pea asked still breathing with anger.

Adeline gently grasped his bicep in attempt to calm him down. She felt his body slowly relax and let go. Toni and Fangs smirked at each other as they witnessed the moment between the two.

"I was trying to find Veronica," Adeline sighed. It was important for her to talk to Veronica because she was the only one who could answer her questions.

"Isn't that her right there?" Fangs said pointing down the hall.

The blue eyed girl quickly tensed with anger slowly filling her body, and trudged towards Veronica. After a few looks between them, the three Serpents followed after the tiny girl wondering what got her so angry.

"Woke up on the wrong side of the bed?" Veronica chuckled. Adeline didn't say anything and quickly pulled her into an empty classroom. "Well, good morning to you too," the Lodge girl rubbed her wrist.

Adeline didn't find it amusing and only stared blankly at her. "Why does your father want Little Harts?" 

Veronica's jaw dropped in shock,"What?" She didn't know what to say nor she did she know that her father wanted Little Harts.

"This morning, my dad showed me a contract that said they would pay us a generous amount of money for the bakery." Tears started to prickle in Adeline's eyes.

"Addy-" Veronica started to say, but was cut off.

"No, Ronnie," she shook lightly,"Your father, Hiram Lodge, threatened mine. He said if he didn't give up the bakery, bad things would happen to us." She whispered.

"I don't- I don't know what to say," Veronica said looking down.

"You need to talk to him, please."

The raven haired girl nodded. Adeline wrapped Veronica in her arms, thanking her. She felt herself calm down and tightly hugged her. They broke away as Adeline's stomach growled. She blushed and faced the three Serpents who laughed at her. "I didn't know you guys were here," she mumbled.

"I- We wanted to see if you were alright. You looked like you were going to turn into the Hulk," Sweet Pea joked. Veronica and Toni were the only ones who noticed what he said and stared at the tall boy in amusement.

"You sound like you need food, let's go check what's the breakfast!" Fangs laughed and grabbed Adeline. The both of them running out in hope to find good food.

Sweet Pea was about to follow the two, but was stopped by Toni who blocked the door. "Topaz, what are you doing?"

"We see the way you look at her," Toni smirked. She gasped dramatically, "Does someone have a crush?"

"What- what?"

"Well, I ship it." Veronica smiled and put her hand on her heart.

"What's going on in here, and did I hear someone say ship? If so, who are we shipping?" Kevin walked in and bounced with excitement.

"Sweet Pea has a crush on Adeline," Veronica grinned.

Sweet Pea groaned in frustration,"I do not have a crush on her."

"You may deny it now, but sooner or later, you're going to be following her around like a lost puppy." Veronica replied and walked out with Kevin and Toni leaving Sweet Pea in his thoughts. He felt confused, he didn't know what to feel. He had only met the girl yesterday and felt so much rage when he thought Dorian hurt her. Sweet Pea left the classroom and found Adeline and Fangs stuffing their faces with food in the cafeteria. He watched her smile in content when she ate her waffles.

When Fangs tried to take one of them, she quickly slapped his hand causing him to back away. He looked down and began to stab his pancakes. Adeline sighed and put a waffle on his plate to cheer him up. Fangs took it eagerly and happily munched on the waffle which made her giggle.

Sweet Pea sighed and thought, I might like her.

《   》

sorry if it sucks and if there's a lot of mistakes

Vote and comment xx