They weren't the only guys looking around the room, eyeing the girls. What douchebags, she thought, rolling her eyes.

She knew. Calum had told her about Michael helping him get laid when he was drunk. At first she had thought it was a joke, but it seemed she was watching the Virgin Helpline play out in real time. It didn't take long until Calum had a girl glued to his side.

She did feel a bit stupid. It did make sense, when she put two and two together. She'd been invited as a booty call. A way for him to lose his virginity. It was pretty obvious. Luckily, he'd got to the brunette with cute hair instead. He poured her a drink.

Hayley needed one as well. Reaching for one of the plastic cups, she filled it with an unknown mixture of whatever number of spirits the idiots had managed to get together. She drank it down, not liking the taste of the liquid, but enjoying the known tingling sensation that followed.

Calum

Holy shit was it a good thing Calum had decided to put the can Luke had handed him to the side. He'd felt a bit funny, but managed to sober himself up after he spotted Hayley doing shots with some of the other girls. From that moment, he realised he should probably keep an eye on her. He wasn't sure at what point she had started drinking, but she'd had one too many by the looks of it.

"We're leaving," Alyssa said. "You sure you don't want to go?"

"Yeah, I need to take my friend home. She's a bit drunk. Will you be alright?"

"Perfect. Hope she's okay." The girl stood on her toes to kiss his blushing cheek. 

One of the guys had placed his hand around her waist. And that was the moment Calum decided it was time to get her home. He wouldn't allow anything happening that she wasn't aware of. To be honest, she was off her face and Calum didn't like it.

"Calum."

The guy quickly left them alone.

"Home time," he spoke into her ear, putting his arm around the girl who was a bit unsteady on her own feet. "C'mon."

"Why Cal?" Hayley laughed in his arms trying to slap his hands away from her in an attempt to break free from his embrace.

"Because you don't need another drink," he said, tightening his hold to stop her from going anywhere. He wouldn't let her run off anywhere in this state.

"Lemme go."

"Nope."

She didn't say much on the walk back from Luke's. Just hummed softly on a song Calum didn't recognise. It sounded sad.

When it was time to get upstairs, Calum struggled. The lift had stopped working. There was only one option - the stairs. For a minute, he did consider sitting in the hallway until the alcohol wore off, but quickly changed his mind as she was still humming on some song and getting her to quieten down would be difficult.

She was still twisting and turning, giving him a hard time. He put his arms under her legs, lifting her up bridal style. "Hayley, please," he mumbled, trying to keep her legs from kicking his face as she was flinging them around to get him to put her down. "You're drunk."

"You're boring me," she slurred, pouting. "Boring Calum."

Climbing the stairs with a girl in his arms had been just as difficult as expected. Calum stopped outside her door, out of breath. "Keys?"

"No."

"Keys," he said again, no longer in the mood for playing games. "Please."

"Fine," she mumbled. She was not happy about him taking them from her. Digging in her purse, she found it and pressed the key into his hand. "Here."

Calum put Hayley down, still supporting her weight as he worked the lock in the door. It clicked open and he helped the blonde mess to one of the chairs.

"Stay here, I'll get you some water, alright?" he saw in her eyes that she was really off somewhere else, but tried to get contact. "You're home, it's okay."

"What a gentleman. You're just trying to get me in bed," she muttered, slurping down the water he handed her.

"Yeah, I am," he joked, trying to hold back the guilt hiding in his voice. If he'd been as drunk as her, he might have been. Or he would have been upstairs. Same thing, different girl. Calum was uncertain of his own intentions. He couldn't ignore what had started it all: the fact that he didn't want to be a virgin forever.

"You know what, Calum?" she spoke, putting the glass down harshly on the table. "Do you know what the problem is?"

Did he really want to know? Calum decided he probably should listen what she had to say, although it would most likely be complete rubbish. She wasn't exactly in her brightest of mindsets. "What is the problem, exactly?" he asked.

"You're too innocent."

He was a bit taken back by her comment. Were they really going to talk about this?

"If I kiss you," she said and Calum blushed more than ever before, "I would have to marry you. Because you're not the type of guy who should be having one night stands."

"Alright," he said. "I think it's time for bed."

She gasped, stumbling away in the direction of her room. "I'm not sleeping with you!"

She didn't get any further than the sofa. Too tired to move her into her room, Calum covered the girl with a blanket, and sunk down to sit at the end. "I know," he mumbled.

Because who would?

-

heyyy

i guess it was only fair calum got to deal with drunk hayley as well

comment/vote pleasee

love you guysss

~lauren