Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

Preface

|| a true story ||

Curing Kyle

Kyle Magnusson is an addict by nature. With a runaway father and addict mother, he has grown up with a craving to hurt himself any way possible. From cutting through his flesh to filling his lungs with smoke to staining every bit of skin with ink, Kyle can't help but find ways to cause physical pain in defense against the emotional one.

His only saving grace? His love for his childhood sweetheart, Anna.

She's the only one who can control him, make him stop and save him from himself. She's also the only girl with the power to bring him to his knees and beg for her love. She's the queen of his heart and the knight in shining armor he needs.

Kyle might be addicted to many things, but his addiction to her beats it all.

She's his cure.

Or is she?

Disclaimer

The story is a first draft, written back in 2019. I was a younger and much less experienced writer at the time. I do not support or condone the behaviors of the characters and advise you to be mature and sensible. I am also a strong advocate for the anti-drugs movement and this story highlights some of the detrimental effects of the indulgence.

The story is a toxic romance between two codependent people who are flawed to the core. Kyle is manipulative and secretive, and Anna is bitter and resentful. Additionally, the story takes a very close look at childhood abuse, substance abuse, anxiety, depression, and borderline personality disorder, which might be triggering for some readers.  

However, it also highlights the importance of self-love, social support, resilience, and why we can always choose to be different people. We are not victims of our traumatic experiences, and despite their stupidity and toxicity, both Anna and Kyle grow to be better versions of themselves throughout the story. 

Enjoy!

Daisy <3