"... is going to stop me from doing the same for my newest granddaughter."

"Thank you babushka, thank you so much." Lyubov' moya said again. (grandmother, my love)

My babushka just patted her on the hand again. (grandmother)

Over the next seventeen hours Roza screamed more than a few times. I paced, I held her hand, I kissed her, I wiped the sweat from her face, I brushed her hair out of her face and I paced some more.

Roza complained about being hot so I called maintenance and told them to turn the air up in our section of the building and in this particular safe room specifically.

Five hours later I was calling them again telling them the same thing. They told me that the air in the safe room was already at maximum capacity. So I told them to bring some fans to us, which they did. They brought them to the safe room door and then Janine, Karo, Sonja, Vika, Mia and Sonya Tanner brought them inside the room and set them up.

Seven hours later my poor Roza was passed exhausted and still her actual labor had not yet started. An hour later my Roza screamed again and again my babushka checked to see how far along she was. (grandmother)

"This is it Roza, I can see the top of one of the baby's heads."

"Oh thank God." My Roza cried.

"Get ready to push Roza. When I tell you to I want you to push. All right, 1... 2... 3 push Roza push."

Roza did as she was told. Holding onto my hand she bared down and pushed.

"Take a breath Roza you will have to do that again in a minute. Dimka, get on the bed behind her prop her up and when it's time to push again you help her."

"Yes, babushka." (grandmother)

Once I was situated behind her Roza turned to look me over her shoulder and said, "I would tell you that we are never having sex again. But we both know that would be a baled faced lie."

I laughed.

"I could also say that if you ever get near me again I'm going to kill you, but again we both know that's a lie. But what I will say is that I love you Dimitri Belikov. From the very first time that I ever laid eyes on you I have loved you, and I will continue to love you until the end of time."

"Oh Roza, I love you too I love you sooo sooo much milaya moya." (my dearest)

She gave me a tired but loving smile.

An hour later we had two sons and a daughter and my poor Roza was beyond exhausted.

"All right Roza, once more into the breach lyubov moya." (my love)

"No... I can't... I'm too tired... you do it." She panted.

"Honey, if I could do this for you I gladly would. I would happily take your pain into myself if I could, but I can't."

She gave me another tired smile. "I know."

A little while later another of our children was brought screaming bloody murder into this world.

"Dimka, lay her down and let her rest for a bit." I nodded and did as I was told.

"I'm so proud of you detka, so very proud. You're doing so well lyubov moya. Just one left, just one more Roza and all of our children will be here." (baby, my love)

She smiled then she said, "yeah and you still haven't passed out yet. You're doing well too Comrade, I am very proud of you too."

Everyone laughed tiredly. Knowing that I had almost passed out when our first born, our eldest son took his first breath of fresh air.