Sweetpea looks at Violet with a face like I told you so. "Okay Sweetpea go and look for your new partner." Violet sweetly smiled at him and scooted her chair closer to Fangs. Fangs looked between them with a playful smile. Swetepea had a surprised expression on his face, "No, you go find your new partner. Fangs and me were already partnered up before you came a long. Besides he wants to be with me. Right Fangs" He looks at Fangs for confirmation.

Violet also turns her attention to him, "Is he right?" Fangs looked between them now with an unsure look. He didn't want to hurt Violet but Sweetpea is right. He cleared his throat before talking, "Well it's just-"

He didn't even get to finish when Violet interrupted him, "No, no need to explain. I see you clearly want to be with him. Fine." She gets up and takes her chair back to her table behind them. "Take him, he's all yours Sweetpea." She sits down and places her arms on the table with her head resting on them. She had a small pout on her lips with a fake mad look on her face.

Her friends chuckled at her and turned their attention back to the front. Violet now thought who is she going to partner up with? Almost everyone has a partner by now and she knows no one but Fangs and Sweetpea. But there was one person she knew in this class.

     "Hey there rockstar. Looks like you're my new lab partner." Reggie smirks at Violet as he's grabbing the chair next to her and sitting down. Violet eyes widen with fear, "No! No no no. Please no." She taps the back of Fangs' back to get his attention. Sweetpea and Fangs turn around and notice Reggie, they give a face of disgust. They turn their attention back to Violet.

     "You guys can't do this to me! Please! I'm begging you." She now holds her arms together, making it seem like she's praying. "One of you guys switch with me."

Sweetpea scoffed, "I hate the guy more. Besides he hates us serpents. You should be fine, he doesn't hate you because you aren't a serpent." Violet's face sadden hearing the last words come out of his mouth. It hurt a bit hearing that she isn't one. "So? I'm still a southsider which he hates and I hate his guts. C'mon guys pleaseee. I'll owe you anything. And I mean anything." She tried pleading again.

The guys just shook their heads and turned back around. Violet let out a puff of air while she crossed her arms around her chest. Reggie just kept looking at her with a smirk plastered on his face, "I told you. You would pay for hitting me in the head with your pencil."

A puzzled look on Violet's face sets, "By being my partner?" Reggie nodded, "Clearly you hate my existence so why not torture you."

The teacher began talking, now that everyone had their partners. He then stated that these will be their partners for the rest of year. Violet groaned hearing this which made Reggie smile and for Fangs and Sweetpea to look back at her.

Once the teacher stopped talking, the class began to work on their first lab. Violet decided to avoid Reggie as much as possible and focus on doing the work herself. She put on some blue gloves and her safety googles. She grabs some beakers and then chemicals necessary for the lab.

Reggie just lays back on his chair and watches her figure out the lab. "You know we're suppose to be working together."

Violet ignores his comment and keeps on working. Reggie sighs and grabs a pair of gloves for himself and some safety googles. He leans close to her trying to see her do the lab. She notices him lean closer, she normally would try get him away from her, but in this case she couldn't because she was pouring some chemicals.

Reggie decided to take out his phone and place it in front of them in camera mode. Violet doesn't notice at first Reggie trying to take a picture of them. But once the shutter went off, she noticed. She safely placed down the beakers, "Hey! What do you think you're doing?" Reggie leans back in his chair peering down and looking down to his phone.

Violet tries peering over to see his phone, "I never gave you permission to take a picture of me." Reggie tries shielding his phone so she won't see the picture. "Hand it over Mantle!"

He shrugs his shoulders and hands over the phone to her. Violet presses a button to light it up but its asks for a passcode. "What's your password?" She asks him and he just shakes his head.

     "I'm not telling you that." He crosses his arms around his chest while he watched her make a pout. "Then open it yourself, but let me see the picture." She demanded from him which he responded by thinking about it. "Nope. Let's say this adds to your punishment." He smirks at her while she narrows her eyes at him before turning back to working on the lab.

After moments of silence, he surprisingly gives in. He unlocks his phone and has the picture on display. He puts the phone right in front of her face. She ignores him and the phone for a bit before giving in. She quickly grabs the phone before he changes his mind.

She tilts her head a bit examining the picture he took. "Can I send it to myself?" She ask him, now looking at his surprised face. He shrugs his shoulders, "Yeah go for it."

Violet sends the picture to herself with a giddy smile on her face. She was going to hand the phone back to Reggie, when she saw he received a text.

A text from Josie.

Her face went straight cold when she saw it. She slides the phone onto his side, "Looks like you got a text." Reggie weirdly looks at her because of the sudden change of expression, then he glances to his phone and see who texted him.

Violet ignoring his actions of texting Josie back, goes to concentrate back on the lab.

The whole class after that, Violet worked on the lab, ignoring Reggie. Reggie kept his distance, watching closely on what she was doing. When the teacher dismissed the class, Violet gathered her things and walked from the classroom as quickly as she could. Even passing by Sweetpea and Fangs who called out after her.

»»————- ∘ ————-««

author's note | don't forget to vote, and comment ✨