9|Some Kind of Feeling

Start from the beginning

She began smiling from ear to ear as if she were a proud artist. "Saturday. I was strolling through Home Depot and I remembered a time when I told your father I wanted to paint the guest house this color. He told me it was a stupid idea and we never discussed it again. I saw the color on Saturday and bought out the entire supply. Painted most of the house myself, still have to get the right wing and the guest house." Daniella explained.

I watched my boyfriend's wide eyes grow even wider from the rear view and bit my lip to stop myself from laughing. He looked so cute when he was confused. "Right... well uh I think Oliver is tired so I'm gonna show him to the guest house." Daniel opened his door and I followed in suit.

"W..wait Oliver why would you want to sleep in the guest house with Daniel? It's only one bedroom silly. Stay at the main house, I-"

"-It's okay mom, the couch is comfortable. Liam probably wants his space anyway." Daniel insisted as we shut our doors. He was so sure that she didn't question him any further. I tried not to smile but I couldn't so I turned my back to them.

"Okay babies! Have a goodnight. Make sure you spit in your father's slutty fiancées face when you see her tomorrow." She cooed while she kept the engine running.

We walked to the back of the car and Daniel stood beside me. I felt his hand warm the small of my back as I leaned into the trunk for my bags. My stomach tumbled as I grabbed my bag. "Are you okay?" He asked while sliding his hand down my back with a slowness that made my insides burn. What's happening to me?

I avoided looking at him and nodded my head towards the car. "Yeah, I'm fine. I think you should be asking your mom that question though. She looks like she's about to snap." I said, trying to keep my voice at a normal tone. Daniel's hand fell as he leaned into the trunk with me.

He nodded, his brown eyes losing themselves on our intertwined fingers for a moment. I put my other hand on top of his and gave it a squeeze. "Take my bag up for me? I think you're right." He said putting his hands on the hood. I grabbed our bags and walked down the path that went through the rose bushes and led to the guest house.

The Baker's guest house could be considered a shoebox in comparison to the main house and only had one bedroom. I remembered coming back here one time after Daniel moved in permanently. Daniel had stolen a book from Liam that I lent to him so the entire ordeal was awkward at the time. But if I knew then what I knew now it would've been the perfect meet cute.

Using the key underneath a false rock to open the door and kicked it shut behind me. I dropped the bags in the middle of the floor and took a deep breath. The entire house smelled just like Daniel and that was everything to me in that moment. I smiled to myself and flipped on the light.

The walls were covered with artwork ranging from silly doodles to intricate pieces on the bigger wall. I was taken back for a moment as I admired every single thing I could find. Now I understand why he was such a fanboy at the museum in Bainbridge. I never knew Daniel was such an artist.

The open floor plan allowed me to peer into the living room and into the kitchen at once. Those walls were specked with markings as well. I walked up the spiral stairs to the wide loft space on the second floor. A king sized bed rested in the middle of the room, to the far left a desk sprawled with sketch books caught my eye. It was just below the window that overlooked the main house.