"Josh please don't." She covered her face like she was going to get hit.

"Jenna." My voice softened. "Jenna, I'm so sorry." I hugged her crying frame.
~
"You're just now telling us this?" Tyler looked at Jenna with concern.

"I was scared." She sobbed.

"But this is serious. We could've done something about it." Debby sat down beside her.

"Jenna, being abused isn't something you need to hide from your best friends. It's something you have to tell us so we can help you." I added.

"You can stay with me instead of him if you want." Debby continued to comfort Jenna.

"Thank you guys."
~

"Oh my gosh I'm sorry." I kissed her head.

"I'm guessing you remembered." She laughed through sobs.

"Yeah." I tear fell from my eye onto her head.

"It's okay." She pulled away. "Awww don't cry." She wiped off my face.

"Sorry."

"Don't apologize. Anyway, Josh, this is your world. You control what happens subconsciously, so even if you don't think you want it to happen, it will happen."

"Oh." I looked down.

"Yeah, but in other news, I think we are getting closer."

"Why do you think that?"

"Because I haven't shown up as much, you are figuring things out on your own. That's why your hair is redder and your tattoos are showing up."

"Tattoos?"

"Look." She pointed at my arm which had a faded a tree on it.

"Wow." I smiled. "Is this the only one I have?"

"No, you have a few on your other arm, and behind your ear." She smiled at my excitement.

"Sick!" I looked at my other arm which had a faded heart and snare drum on it. "Does that say mom?" I pointed at the heart.

"Yeah." Jenna laughed.

"Oh I love that." We talked a little bit longer and then got in my car. "Let's go do something." I put on my seatbelt.

"Okay. What do you want to do?"

"I don't care, anything."

"Coffee?"

"Sure, but not my place. Somewhere else."

"Okay, what about The Grounds?"

"Sure, that's on Broadway, right?" I pulled out of the grass.

"Yep." We sat in silence, listening to the radio until we got there.

"What can I get you two?" The women at the register asked.

"Can I get a vanilla chia tea and he will have a caramel cappuccino with and extra shot of espresso." Jenna pulled out money from her pocket.

"I can get it." I argued.

"Nope, it's fine." Jenna handed the lady the money and we got our drinks.

"How did you know what I ordered?"

"Because I'm part of you and I know what you want. And the real you gets the same thing but with the extra espresso which is why I ordered for you."

"Oh gotcha."

"The more I can get you to be like the real you, the sooner you'll wake up." She took a drink.