A light to my heart

The sun was beginning to set as the birds made their way to their nests , the sky was a beautiful shade of orange . The wind faded away long time ago and left behind it whispers of it's presence remaining. Two bodies were sitting in a bench not far from the sea ,a comfortable silence hung around them . If you listen closely you can hear the faint sounds of their heartbeats , the brunette male held his lover closer.

"Jason" her voice was small , eyes sparkling, he tucked some strands of her golden hair behind her ear , he hummed while caressing her hand , her plumped lips formed a smile "have you ever wanted to be a bird" he chuckled "if that means that I have to fly far away from you then no" she smiled at her boyfriend's cheesiness but the smile didn't last long before it was replaced with a frown . Him too wasn't smiling "lisa-" she just shook her head "forget it , how about we take pictures instead" she held her old rusty camera out with a big smile. Many pictures were taken that day , they laughed at some silly pictures they took and cooed at some , it was already night . The stars shone brightly decorating the empty sky , the couple were stargazing, lisa took out a light stick , they bought that in their 3rd anniversary , she insisted on buying it althought Jason wanted to buy her something expensive. The light stick flickered , Jason tried fixing it and lisa giggled every time Jason got frustrated and muttered curse words. Their night was full of laughter and chatting about the stars.

**

Two months later they met once again . Same place. Same time . Although this time it's different . This time it was much quieter, the happy aura startef fading away . This time there were no birds chripping , Jason held Lisa's head that was laying on his shoulder , both watching the sun set . They saw a dull colour, the orange shade turned to grey . They felt that their world would collapse at any minute , they held each other tight . Afraid of letting go . Afraid that once they let go they won't be able to see each other again , Afraid that one of them might fly away just like a bird. They both took pictures, but there were no laughs , only sadness clasped them. Jason took a glance at lisa . There were bags under her eyes , her skin paler than before , her body is getting thinner like a stick , her hair getting lesser by the second and yet Jason thought that she was beautiful more than any woman.

The night has come filling their world with darkness , only a couple of lights are on , including the old light stick that was long forgotten on the bench , the couple were staring at the sky ,Lisa shivered but Jason knew it wasn't because of the cold , the temperature was warm. "Jason I'm tired "
Lisa sniffed "I'm so tired" he looked at her , their eyes lock with one another's , her eyes became dull as if she gave up , he kissed the back of her hands "it's painful , I feel like suffocating" tears strained her face , Jason's words were stuck in his throat , he never saw Lisa like this . Broken .

He remembers the first time he saw her , it was love at first sight , she was in the arcade playing 'dance dance revolution' he later learned that her friends ditched her so he decided to approach her , and it was the best descion he ever made. She covered her mouth , She was coughing, and every cough felt like a knife that have been stabbing her over and over . She isn't the only one whose suffering. Jason stood there helplessly , watching her fragile body turn weaker . She was like a glass ready to shatter if you weren't careful enough . "Why does it have to be me , I wanna live , I wanna be with you" her voice was shaky "This happens to the nice people , while the crued are left out there living " he answered "you don't deserve this Lisa , you don't. Life's too cruel" Lisa was with him for as long as he remembers , she was with him when he needed her , she was telling him 'everything will be okay ' she assures him . She was with him when he felt like his world crumpled into pieces. He tried the same . Tried to assure her that 'the pain will end soon , everything will be alright' but both knew it was a lie.

"Jason nothing is alright , I wish I was normal , normal without this disease. Everyday I see people leave me , Stare at me pitifully. Like if they came near me they'll break me . I hate it especially when you started doing that too . Don't you love me anymore , am I not beautiful anymore" Jason held her in his arms now crying "I love you no matter what and I'll never stop loving you" Jason pushed the idea of Lisa passing out , he hated that Idea , he hated the idea of waking one day alone . He loved her with all his heart and soul. "Jason , promise that you won't forget me" Jason kissed her forehead "never , you'll always be on my heart, don't give up stay strong I'm here for you" she smiled with a teary eye "I promise, I love you" he hugged her like it was the last time "Will you marry Me?".

**
Jason travels the steps to the bench once again like he and Lisa used to . Sit on the bench like he and Lisa used to . There are a lot of memories here .

Lisa passed away one month later after the proposal . Jason ran out of tears , he felt empty , his heart hurts . Jason was seeing the photos of them , laughing at the silly ones . The sky was empty . The stars that were once shining are gone . The light stick layed beside him , flickering every now and then . People tell him he'll get over it that things tended to be forgotten, left to fade away , but not this. He ignored them . He'll never forget her . Jason stared at the light stick, more memories coming back but it only makes his heart ache and the feeling of emptiness in his chest worse. He knew that she wouldn't live to their wedding .

He loves her

He missed her

He'll never forget her

She's the light to his heart.

THE END

A/N thanks for reading and thanks for everyone who encouraged me and supported me I appreciate it , this is the first time I write something like this and I'm very proud ^^ if there's any grammar mistakes tell me

Anyways thanks for reading^^