Date with...Asher? (Chapter 23)

Start from the beginning

Ashley narrowed her big beautiful blue eyes at me for a second, her long dark lashes nearly brushing her cheek. A few strands of golden curly hair framed her face and I tried my best to avoid looking at her luscious pink lips. "No thank you."

"Alright, well let me know if you do," I replied.

I headed back towards the front of the lobby where I guided a group of college girls to their reserved table, the one right next to Ashley and Jason. One of the brunettes in a tiny black dress winked at me.

---

ASHLEY'S POV

Ugh. God, what was he trying to do? First Asher pretended to be all goody-goody and played nice with me and Jason. Then, he started flirting up a storm with the group of sexy college girls sitting right next to us. Did he want to make me think he didn't care that we broke up? That wasn't gonna happen, considering he kissed me in school. Did he want me to get jealous and crawl back to him? He couldn't possibly believe that I would leave a sweet guy like Jason for him. He was a lowly, disgusting player who refused to tell the truth. It hurt more that he didn't want to admit how rude Emma was to me than our breakup did.

"Are you okay?"

I snapped back into reality and sent an apologetic smile to Jason. "Sorry, it's just so infuriating." I used my eyes to point towards Asher's figure as I took a bite out of my breadstick. "I don't know what game he's playing at, but it's infuriating."

"What do you mean?"

I locked my eyes on his light green ones. "Why was he so nice when he came over here? I've known Asher for two months and he has one of the worst tempers I've ever seen. After our fight I was expecting his worst. Why do you think he's playing so nice?"

"He is working. Maybe he doesn't want to get fired," Jason shrugged.

I sighed. "Maybe I'm just thinking too into this. I'm sorry, I'm ruining our date. I should be paying more attention to you. It's just that he makes me so angry."

Jason sent me a smile. "Hey, it's okay. I want to be there for you. I don't mind listening to what you have to say. I'll always be here for you."

----

ASHER'S POV

"Excuse me, could you please show me where the bathrooms are?"

I smirked at the brunette. I could tell by the way Ashley was glaring at me that she was jealous. Bonus of having hot girls flirting with you- it makes your ex jealous. It was time for some fun. I hadn't even planned it. "Of course, follow me," I responded.

She got up from her chair and pulled her black dress down as it started to ride up, then sent me a half smirk. We walked towards the last table in my section and walked down the hallway on my left, where I pointed towards the bathroom doors. The brunette thanked me and then paused, waiting for me to say something.

I couldn't leave her hanging, so of course I did.

"So what was the real reason you called me over?"

She seemed surprised at my forwardness at first, then grinned. "My friend, the redhead at the table you may have noticed, is totally into this guy and won't ask him out because she thinks it's stupid and too nerve-racking. We made a deal that if I asked you out she'd ask him out. I need your number to make sure she upholds her end of the bargain," she hinted.

I took a step closer to her and smoldered into her chocolate brown eyes. My voice was lower that usual. "And is that the only reason you want my number?"

A light blush appeared on her cheeks and she glanced at the floor for a moment. I smirked at her and when she looked back at me, recited my number.

"Thanks," she wiped her hands on her dress. Sweaty palms, huh? That was kind of cute. "My name's Ashley."

My eyebrows shot upwards. What were the chances? This was gonna be great. "Asher," I replied, shaking her hand.

"So...I'll see you around?" she asked.

I winked at her and the blush on her cheeks darkened. "Yes you will."

I walked back to the main lobby and when I passed the college girls, winked at the redhead. She flushed a dark beet root, darker than Ashley (as in with Jason Ashley) even.

As I walked back into the kitchen, I didn't miss Ashley-with-Jason's jaw drop.

-----

I know it took me a long time to update and I'm super sorry guys. I actually had this chapter started months ago and hit a roadblock. I didn't know how to keep writing so I edited the beginning like five times (and I still don't like it) and then moved on today. The upload today celebrates spring break! Yay :) hopefully, you guys are still with me and remember to VOMMENT! Thanks so much for your support, enjoy! I hope to upload more often now... ;)